Inspiration needed

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Mornin all,

A little while ago I purchased the frame below (Carrera Quattro) with the view to single speeding it. However, plans change and I now have a Hei Hei for this.

The bike originally came with Mountain LX and was circa 1988 (it has a sticker saying so!) so my thoughts were to build up the bike to be period correct. The frameset is quite light as pictured below and I think that Mountain LX groupset could make the bike heavy and sluggish.

So I open it up to the floor – suggestions as to what I could do?

Keep/Sell/Build options etc.....

P1010003-2.jpg

P1010004-3.jpg

i think you should spend the time on the wallpaper , i bet theres something hiding behind it

Backwoods tourer?
If I hadn't just bought my Hoo Koo E Koo, I'd have had your arm off and made it into just that.
Build it up with stuff that works well, it deserves it.

perry":1faquxdq said:
i think you should spend the time on the wallpaper , i bet theres something hiding behind it

Tis the attic (man cave) of a rented property. Its warm, dry, well lit, wallpaper aside!

chris667":1ppne9t3 said:
Backwoods tourer?
If I hadn't just bought my Hoo Koo E Koo, I'd have had your arm off and made it into just that.
Build it up with stuff that works well, it deserves it.

Ah now I like this idea. Possibley some Brookes items :?

I think it does deserve to have a roll in the fleet as I have bonded with the bike now :oops: despite not even throwing a leg over her :oops: :roll: :LOL:

Yeah. Brooks saddle, drop bars on with tall stem, racks front and rear.
You'll end up using it for everything.

Back