STW Hacked

Huntso

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
As some of you are probably already aware STW has been hacked and is off the air
Apparently the passwords and email addresses have been hacked too

Might be a good idea if you use a generic password to change it, I have just in case

Cheers
Rich

Yup emails have been hacked, I had a nice email this morning from the hackers (via STW)

I had a look at their site and went through some of the posts and topics to, get some sort of idea what they're all about.
The general feeling i got was they hack to expose weaknesses in the website securuity
When they find an exploit they run into a dilemma
Do they inform the webmaster ?
If they do ,they risk that webmaster saying 'you used illegality on my website ,so i'm going to inform the police and your fu**ed
Or 'Thanks for showing me these security flaws' ,I'll get right on it guvnor

Seems the larger the sit, the higher risk of legal action threats from the webmasters
With smaller more personal sites ,its more likely you'll say ,thanks and sort the flaws out

So the defacement is their only other option they can use to expose these flaws to the site owners.

Or they can leave them and let the Russian Gangsters out there inform the webmasters.In their own unique way :shock:

Got a hacked email myself. I'm ( very ) surprised they didn't run a system that was backed up daily or at least weekly. It's standard industry behavior and no it don't cost that much. Mind you, considering their last ( absolutely sh1te for months ) system I'm not surprised they're in this position. Yes, I'm being harsh BUT they phukked up with MY personal information and yours.

Totally agree and i don't think I will be bothering to visit there again, not chuffed my personal information was treated in such a cavalier fashion.

Seems one of the STW owners has rather unwisely gone on the hackers site and slated them :cry:

Got a feeling they may be targeted again

It looks like the culprit has 'fessed up to STW. It looks like he'd also hacked a variety of other sites including some at the NHS and a cancer charity. What a pleasant individual - hopefully he'll what's coming to him...

Back