GT Lightning weight weenie progress

Pickle":r355lrzo said:
18lbs is road terratory, and there is no way I'd feel happy thrashing a bike about in the woods that is the weight of a fecking road bike :shock:

It's called cyclocross ;)

hamster":l6rihp7j said:
Pickle":l6rihp7j said:
18lbs is road terratory, and there is no way I'd feel happy thrashing a bike about in the woods that is the weight of a fecking road bike :shock:

It's called cyclocross ;)

Yeah, my cross bikes are under 19lbs and they take a good hammering - especially with my hefty frame aboard them ! :oops:

Weight

Pickle UR bout twenty years outa date! Most of the local chaingang have Winter bikes at 15 now with 12 pound or less Summer bikes Storcks/Spins/Tunes/Lightweights etc
There's plenty of Scott Scales HT MTB's sub 15 with full Suss kicking around too now!

Yeah my winter road bike weighs 16.5lbs with heavy wheels!My race bikes around 14lbs depending on which carbon wheels I'm running and the cross bike weighs in at 17lbs and that is great fun on singletrack :shock:

Re: Weight

Interesting ride. Impressive weight - think you need a on scale shot to verify though ;)

Wold Ranger":2wc0rm92 said:
Pickle UR bout twenty years outa date! Most of the local chaingang have Winter bikes at 15

:LOL:

Got any examples of these 15 lbs winter bikes? With guards on too yeah?
Thats a bit like wearing your coat indoors on a cold day. Go outside you won't feel the benefit. Come summer you'll not feel the benefit either!

Back