Show us your cars

Don't think I can post the piccies directly here, but here's the link to pictures of my old car a 1973 Citroen DS20 Pallas.

My modern car is a BMW 528 touring that I "inherited" from my father-in-law. It's quick but boring. I much prefer the DS - more comfort, better fuel economy, quicker in town (people let you out of junctions), and you don't look like a cock in the DS.

Its not very retro im afraid but is 13yrs old now,lol

whbrd2.jpg

100_2857.jpg

Some nice stuff here: loving the Alfa and Saab's and the old Mercs; Soft spot for French old timers too.

Here's my daily driver for the last few years, but sadly now up for sale.

rsfyg9.jpg

Other vices that I don't have pics for include a 98 V8 disco for kids and bikes; '96 318ti runabout and a '75 Scimitar in a typically sad state.

100_0648.jpg

100_0652.jpg

Mk4 Golf GT TDI 130. Jabbasport 180bhp remap, FK Highsport coilovers, Golf Mk4 Anniversary Recaro interior, colour coded dash inserts, 312mm front brake upgrade, Porsche Boxster 18" split rims.

Ha ha... I hope im not gonna offend anyone but I bought my Del Boy no.plate on a BMW of the same !!! Fifter quider we called it !! Took the plate off then rallied it over the downs till it collapsed !!

Strong as old boots mind. Was sad to leave it at the local scrappers at the end of its life :D :D

delboy009":1vsayjw0 said:
Ha ha... I hope im not gonna offend anyone but I bought my Del Boy no.plate on a BMW of the same !!! Fifter quider we called it !! Took the plate off then rallied it over the downs till it collapsed !!

Strong as old boots mind. Was sad to leave it at the local scrappers at the end of its life :D :D

Probably not the same - M5 bumpers and Alpina wheels :cool:

Is it an M5, or an M535i?

A friend of the family had one in the mid 80's, he reckoned it cost more to run than his 911SC!

I've been really tempted by one for quite a while now.

I couldn't say it's frugal: 22mpg about average - better on along run.

But probably a bit more reliable than an SC.

I rate e28s highly, they have superb handling - esp the steering -- and are relatively light for a well built 4 door: used to run a 525e which was a fine allrounder, but the bigger engine with Mtech suspension and LSD is better.

I'd love an M5; but like their M3s cousins, values are going through the roof.

Back