Orange clockwork respray

jimihendrix

MacRetro Rider
Bought this as a project to do over the holidays but started stripping the paint last week and got steamed in and painted it over this weekend :LOL:

Frame as bought

newclock.jpg

MMMMmmm, bare steel

clock1.jpg

Spraying in the man cave, used anti-rust zinc primer

clock2.jpg

Paint on, just a couple of bits to touch in and sort before a couple of coats of laquer (note the fade not straight at the bottom bracket), decided to go for a white seat tube for a different look.

clock3.jpg

Close up of fade, not too bad for a rattle can, the fade on these wasn't the same standard as Kleins anyway.

fade.jpg

Got the frame laquered and finished today, wall art for now though till i can afford to throw some bits at it after the new year.

clockart.jpg

Still got the forks to do and i'm going to be painting a stem to match the frame if i cant find an original Orange stalk.

For reference colours used were Appliance gloss white and VW brilliant orange from standard rattle cans from Halfords, used one can of white, two cans of orange, and one can of laquer.

Nicely done! Great finish for a homebrew paintjob :cool:

Whats the story with the Parkpre and GT by the way?

Pickle":9vyzrlmq said:
Nicely done! Great finish for a homebrew paintjob :cool:

Whats the story with the Parkpre and GT by the way?

Cheers, been using spray cans for years so i'm not bad with them (no i'm not a vandal or a graffiti artist :LOL: )

1st pic is the sellers photo as i forgot to take a pic before i stripped the paint :roll:

There was an orange stalk in the for sale recently

Nice job BTW ;)

looks the dogs well done M :cool:

Looks very cool with the white seat-tube and the white stem and post will make it stand out from the crowd, or whatever is the collective noun for oranges :LOL:

Cheers Gaz ;) , was actually thinking of doing an orange stem to match the forks and headtube (unless i find an original white stalk with stickers intact etc), bars and seatpin will be silver.

Rest of the build will be standard XT, no anodised bits, wont be trying to bling this one up like my last one :)

quite right.

clockworks don't need bling- XT will be nice IMHO, try and track down a orange flite, looks just right I think.

Top job. :cool:

Nice touch having the white seat tube, that's just different enough to be special.

That Ink Blue Zaskar in the first pic got me excited though. I know it's not yours, but that's one of my all time faves. :cool:

My old clockwork frame is looking good.
Nice work.

Looking forward to seeing it finished and built up.

jimihendrix":3e2d79dk said:
Cheers Gaz ;) , was actually thinking of doing an orange stem to match the forks and headtube (unless i find an original white stalk with stickers intact etc), bars and seatpin will be silver.

Rest of the build will be standard XT, no anodised bits, wont be trying to bling this one up like my last one :)

thank god i salvaged the last one from ano land :LOL: :LOL: looking cool as matey i wondered how come the paint was so clean and fresh on mine ;) ;) :LOL: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Back