Are these Marzocchis?

Elev12k":y3f07ywp said:
..and if I remember correctly the DH3s in the German BIKE Workshops have silver braces. I think it is normal though green would have looked nice :cool:

Asked my local bike shop gurus about the green arches and apparently they came on the latter(last?) DH3s.

When one comes in again for a service they'll get some photos.

The plain Aluminium brace does look very nice against the green in that picture, although it does look tinited as Jez suggests.

Orange71 you can still download the tech information for the XC 600 from the Marzocchi website (in PDF). If you can't find it pm me your e-mail and I'll send you a copy.

I have a pair of marzocchi DH3'sI bought off the forum in dark red, I thought they were anno red but turns out they were factory painted anno green ones (you can see in certain areas), not sure exactly why but I've heard they made too many green ones and just decided to paint over them :!:

toying with the idea of stripping the paint off cos I kinda like green too.

;)

andrewl":1nn4z7yd said:
Elev12k":1nn4z7yd said:
..and if I remember correctly the DH3s in the German BIKE Workshops have silver braces. I think it is normal though green would have looked nice :cool:

Asked my local bike shop gurus about the green arches and apparently they came on the latter(last?) DH3s.

When one comes in again for a service they'll get some photos.

The plain Aluminium brace does look very nice against the green in that picture, although it does look tinited as Jez suggests.

Orange71 you can still download the tech information for the XC 600 from the Marzocchi website (in PDF). If you can't find it pm me your e-mail and I'll send you a copy.

Actually I think I have a later one, see the decals:

313981162_c80ff0182b_b.jpg

Maybe specs simply varied ...or my brace (or decals) is indeed non original.

What is 'tinited'?

- Melvin

Hi, me again

They have dates stamped on several places. Both lowers are from june 1995. The brace is from july 1995. Hence most likely explanations seems to me that it is an early run 1996 my forks. Brace is original. Maybe the very last had a green brace.

Case closed. :mrgreen:

Elev12k":2feihc99 said:
Hi, me again

They have dates stamped on several places. Both lowers are from june 1995. The brace is from july 1995. Hence most likely explanations seems to me that it is an early run 1996 my forks. Brace is original. Maybe the very last had a green brace.

Case closed. :mrgreen:

Yep that all fits, The ones I've seen are almost indentical to yours including the casting of the brace. But the brace is green, if i can find the casting dates I'll let people know.

Red ones may have been OEM coloured to match a frame. I have a set of orginal Z1s which are red because of this.

Back