Another hecticish day in the wine trade

We pay the wages of MPs but they treat us like morons!

Al, :D

hoegaardenadds1":akv6be9u said:
anyone who works/has worked in a bike shop will know this one....

customer: i need a bike to ride 2 miles to the station once a week.

sales persion: ok i recommend a fully rigid, simple as possible bike , and spend as much as you can on a lock.

customer: no i want a full suspension bike , with twin disc brakes for less than £100. oh and a £4.99 lock. :x :x :x :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Been there, heard the "full suss twin disc for £100" every bloody week in our shop :roll:

I used to be a bus driver.......The least said about that job the better!

As a bus commuter for the last nine years the least said about bus drivers the better too

How can the first bus of the day that comes 4 miles along very quiet roads be late 95% of the time and no not every person can have the right money every time so you don't have to use your 40p float.

At least you didn't work with the public again, these ******s actually enjoy being ignorant miserable *******s

well - off to work. hopefully not too many drunken twats tonight.

Somebody attempted to beat me up last Christmas so always a bit jittery.

Aye- must be a fechin' task drivin' a taxi this time of year.............it's possible to make a tazer out of a couple of disposable flash cameras, though........ :p

Lysander":v0ghwip1 said:
Aye- must be a fechin' task drivin' a taxi this time of year.............it's possible to make a tazer out of a couple of disposable flash cameras, though........ :p

er yes. Found that out accidently by touching the terminals on a flash gun.

Sorted, then..............."Why officer, I am a keen amateur photographer, and the gentleman touched my camera just as the flash went off. Fearing his clothes may be on fire due to the truly massive blue spark which erupted, I then attempted to stomp any flames out as he lay on the ground. I then urinated upon him to douse any final embers."

Perfectly plausible explanation.

I remember the few years working in my LBS, followed by a few years in a large sports shop selling modern saracens (shudder....).

"I'd like a bike that's really strong and light that will be great for downhills and XC stuff as well. I've been looking at the £80 Emmelle 15 speed bike in the corner and would like one." ..... :roll:

:LOL: To all the above

My typical scenario goes something like this

Customer : I would like a 'nice bottle of red for my friend/dad etc etc, but I don't know anything about wine, what would you recommend?

Me: Sure, did you have a rough budget in mind/what wines have you seen your friend/dad drink etc etc.

Customer: Oh, I don't care about the cost, just show me some.

Me (internally sighing) : Well, how about this '99 Montrose at £75

Customer: WHAT, I don't want to spend THAT much!

Me: Lets go back to the budget question shall we

Customer: Well, I want a REALLY nice bottle....for around £10

Me: Sure, no worries. These are the staff choice wines around your budget (only offer three choices and give some simple tasting notes)

Customer (Mulling things over) : What about this wine...pulling a completely different wine from the shelf, ignoring my suggestions.

Me (starting to get annoyed) Why did YOU choose that wine?

Customer: Nice label

well, it just goes on for a little longer....before I suggest in the politest manner that either you LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE JUST SAID YOU FECKING MORON....or you choose your own wine based on some adhoc reasoning.

I'm gonna love the next three days....it's simple...they will have 2 mins of my time before I move on to the next customer :x

:LOL:

Back