The long dark teatime of the soul....

The big 50 tomorrow :cry: and watching the Snooker, well sort of, the wife has got it on and i'm using the lap top.
Finally cold free though (I think) after about three weeks and it upset my asthma as well.

Spent the morning afternoon cleaning the house , made the old bint lunch (Sea Food Risotto) as she was working a split shift. Cleaned the bike ready for a big ride tomorrow, and now have Chunbawumba on the laptop playing (I will now have tubthumping stuck in my head for the next week) whilst planing my races for next year.

riding the seafront in gorleston listening to kim wilde......were the kids in america woho everybody ...tumte tum........ow my back hurts cos ive been on the wifes wii hula hooping this morning... ;)

my day hasn't been too bad, dragged my arse out of bed quite late, went down stairs to fit the xtr canti brakes i got from ebay to the kona and walked into the shitpit of a garage that is my bike fettling area. it's a double garage that everyonelse uses as a dumping ground!! :x and because i'm the only one that ever spends anytime in there i end up tidying it all the time!

i spend the rest of the day till about an hour ago cleaning up said shitpit so that i can fit brakes in a clean garage . . . but no, dad insists i can't chuck this and i can't chuck that etc :roll: :x

remind him that next week my motorbike will be arriving and will need space for that aswel as the 12 bikes!

he said "bugger off and buy your own house and garage!"

i can't really argue with that!

agreement came when i said i'd buy the shed he wants for the back garden so that all the gardening bollox can go in it, thus saving indoor garage space for the bikes and motorbikes!! success!!!! :D although i need money for the shed now!

he also agreed to let me chuck out all the crap in the garage if i paid for the skip!! result!! and let me do what i want in there workshop wise!!! double result!!! :D

so now i can make my own workshop!! :D

mmmm . . . propper metal bench, new lights, organized tool box area, ipod dock, obligatory nudey calender, the lot!! :D

didn't get round to fitting the brakes though!! but i still have tomorrow! :D

oh and get well soon LGF! :D

At home all day, bit of RB action in between doing everything for the mrs & son. Mrs Reki fell over this morning and twinged her back, I been doing the housework all day and just cooked the most amazing roast lamb diner. Just the littlun to bath before making the beds and tidying the house ready for outlaws visit tomorrow morning.

Great day

I have had a great day.
Had a spare couple of hours between work so took my recently acquired/sorted Stumpy up to the local wood to have a casual shakedown type ride. The Stumpy rode brilliantly for a 20 year old, original (except tyres) bike. It has had very little use judging by the componentry condition, thats about to change though as it fits like a glove and rides amazing. Needs front hub serviced and a general lube/service but is a great addition to the Stumpy stable.

Heres a pic:
IMG_0931.jpg

Happy Jamie

Managed 4 hrs on the road bike,bought some stuff off here then spent the afternoon with my 2yr old daughter,shattered now :)

rekiborter has made the ultimate mistake...he only went and did the house work and cooked dinner perfectly......BIG MISTAKE DUDE!!!!....now your designated chief cook ect..... :p :p ya should have burnt ya lunch mate ... :p

ps tommorow im gunna go for a ride to yarmouth have a cuppa tea near the halfords and watch people stuck in the traffic jams trying to get to the last dregs that woolies have on the shelf.oh and to get a bit of exercise before the xmas splurge kicks in.

Garden centre Xmas lunch (quite good actually - mulled fruits cheesecake was rather tasty!), delivered a few pressies, then had a game of battleships with the 6yr old lad. Class game :D . (he's had it since his birthday in August and I've only just managed to persuade him to try it - bloody Nintendo has sucked his brain cells).
Now sat with TV on Alan Titchmarsh's Xmas show :roll: .

Back