B***ard road tyres... Help.

well I tried all sorts, another tyre lever and another puncture later I thought f*&% it and took the tyres right off and stuck some spare ones on. It just wasn't happening.

so up for sale soon some nice virtually unused road tyres :roll: :D

Some tyres are impossible on some rims,Continentals really hate campag rims and michelins aren't keen on bonty's,some go on a bit too easy though!I'm dreading the spring when its time to glue on new tubs :(

not sure what rims you have but if they use the Campag type one piece plastic rimtape then toss it away and replace it with cotton rimtape. The rigid plastic rim tape is the most common cause of tyre fitting problems on Campag and Fulcrum (Campag) rims

I have continentals on campagnolo rims.................he speaketh the truth!!

Next time I have a puncture, I thinks I'll just but a new wheel............ :p

orange71":dwjupyvo said:
It was Continentals on Fulcrum Racing 7's... make note - not compatible :evil:

did you check the rim tape ?

I had used the plastic stuff on an old Mavic MA3 and couldn't get any tyre to fit , even old worn ones. I only twigged when I changed to cotton tape. The cotton sits low and tight to the bottom of the rim and allows the tyre bead to sit lower in the centre of the rim when putting the tyres on or taking them off.

orange71":3iciyg20 said:
yes - it's cotton... :(

tough luck :roll: I have to say I would never buy another Campag wheel or part as long as I live . Most of it is made to arbitrary tolerences with poor quality contol and the most appalling finish quality imaginable.

The freehubs on Khamsins and vento's are rubbish and there are dozens of posts around the net about premature failures.

Take any Campag cassette like Mirage Veloche etc and compare the finish with a similarly priced Shimano part after a couple of 100 miles .
Compare the finish of a chainset or brake caliper and you'll find Shimano remove all the casting residue and polish properly wheras the Campag componants are rough and unpolished. I rest my case :D

I have a Topeak Speed Lever. Good for skinny road tyres, but rubbish for anything else.
You can have it for the price of a beer if you like. I'm not interested in stupidly skinny tyres anymore.

Back