Modernised DOGS BOLX

LardLover":ns2blm7u said:
Hmm, I'm going to have to disagree with you about the fork length M.C.K :?

Pace RC35 EVO II's reduced to 80mm. They were spot on :D
I'm not ashamed to say they are my all time favourite forks, not one spot of bother, piece of the preverbial p1ss to service, none of this sending them away to be serviced mullarky.

DOGS BOLX was one the first suspension corrected frames but was only built for a 63mm fork - original RC-35s, Manitou 1 & 2, Mag 21s etc. It just looks too high at the front. That said its still a very nice build and indeed very useable. Just not my preference. Blondes and brunettes again ;)

Be good to see some bigger pictures.

LardLover":2jkhkx71 said:
Came across a couple of pics of my old DOGS BOLX.

All right it's a nice back but don't you think jerking off over pictures of it is just a little weird.. :roll:

MadCowKev":2l1ue26m said:
DOGS BOLX was one the first suspension corrected frames but was only built for a 63mm fork - original RC-35s, Manitou 1 & 2, Mag 21s etc. It just looks too high at the front.
To some of us, it looks too high at the back as well!

I'm surprised by what you say about the geometry though, I thought Roberts offered full custom, so the head angle/fork length would be whatever the original owner specified. But I get the impression that with Chas Roberts, custom can sometimes be a 'you'll have what you're given' kind of custom, so is that why you reckon they were all 71 deg/63mm?

Anthony":2dpjsn0l said:
MadCowKev":2dpjsn0l said:
DOGS BOLX was one the first suspension corrected frames but was only built for a 63mm fork - original RC-35s, Manitou 1 & 2, Mag 21s etc. It just looks too high at the front.
To some of us, it looks too high at the back as well!

I'm surprised by what you say about the geometry though, I thought Roberts offered full custom, so the head angle/fork length would be whatever the original owner specified. But I get the impression that with Chas Roberts, custom can sometimes be a 'you'll have what you're given' kind of custom, so is that why you reckon they were all 71 deg/63mm?

Geometry on the DOGS was pretty much model 'standard'

If you wanted full custom then you went for a White Spider

Back