Team Raleigh Dyna-Tech ex Adrian Timmis. Finished Project.

That is such a nice project, I wish I could make it to Cannock to see the end results especially as it is my local riding ground :( ..

Be warned though, Cannock in wet will destroy your brake pads in one ride, its very sandy and gritty in the wet! I'm all for riding the retro's but all your hard NOS work will be a little less NOS if the conditions are hard going! :shock:

If it doesn't bother you though, ride it till it screams! :D

OrangeRetro":52nu5wfz said:
Be warned though, Cannock in wet will destroy your brake pads in one ride, its very sandy and gritty in the wet! I'm all for riding the retro's but all your hard NOS work will be a little less NOS if the conditions are hard going! :shock:

I believe Cannock's like grinding paste in the wet! I'm going to save the XTR pads as these are pretty rare it seems and put a set of Aztecs or something on instead. I'll just use the XTR's for photo's.

sinnett177":2qdd0yuq said:
OrangeRetro":2qdd0yuq said:

I believe Cannock's like grinding paste in the wet! I'm going to save the XTR pads as these are pretty rare it seems and put a set of Aztecs or something on instead. I'll just use the XTR's for photo's.

Good plan! I managed to destroy a set of disk pads in one ride a couple of years ago! :roll:

awsome build, and it's so cool that adrian is up for helping you with it aswel. wish i could make the cannock ride, i bet it will be a good day, loads of cool bikes and cool peeps.

i have to say i always liked those bikes bitd but felt raleigh lost their way after them, always being the nearly man if you know what i mean, but that bike makes me want one just like it! hmm wonder if dave baker's bike is on ebay anywhere?!!

jonnyboy666":c2zfxi3x said:
hmm wonder if dave baker's bike is on ebay anywhere?!!

The guy I bought it off (member 'paulupnorth') mentioned that Baker's was still around. I'd don't recall exactly what he had to say about as I was distracted by my new purchase, might be worth a pm though. Think he mentioned it was local to him near Nottingham.

Finished today, will update further during the week. All ready for Cannock and Adrian himself!

2008_1222Raleigh10012.jpg

2008_1222Raleigh10009.jpg

2008_1222Raleigh10016.jpg

2008_1222Raleigh10006.jpg

No pictures displaying at work! I guess I'll just have to wait a little bit longer for this one! :cry: :LOL:

A nice bike with great history :cool:

IMO, too many logos on the handlebars, so I'd personally tone the grips down.

Otherwise, looking forward to seeing it on Sunday ;)

Pickle":3ctumdby said:
A nice bike with great history :cool:

IMO, too many logos on the handlebars, so I'd personally tone the grips down.

Otherwise, looking forward to seeing it on Sunday ;)

I may be wrong, but arent they just some kind of protector thingy and are removed when riding?

Back