What motivates you to buy a particular car?

does it do more than 22mpg???
yes

then i dont want it as its tooo sensible for me :p
where,s the v8???????????????????????????????????????

except once i get laid off in the new year then its diesel :evil: estate :evil: :evil: :evil: time

"Its a bit hush hush at the mo'! "

but this is the 2nd time ive seen you mention it here , you might as well tell us , your obviously hoping someone will ask you about it :LOL:

for me

rwd
comparitively light compared to its contemporaries
tax exempt helps
cheap
nothing post 1980 unless outweighed by cheapness

wooly pluto":1c3u3o9y said:
So, Denmark seems like more or less most of clever people do all over the world. But then some petrolhead like me comes and buys the car which is totally opposite the list :D :D

The difference is - in Denmark you have to have a family income above £100 000 to be able to afford to consider being a petrolhead.....

And that's only if you're willing to downgrade your home for the privilege.

The only nice cars you see here are
1) On company plates
2) Driven by people who have no kids or the kids left home and are self-sufficient
3) Swedish or German.

Recently purchased a new car ...

Test drove & then eliminated:

BMW 118d
BMW 320d touring
VW Passat 2.0TD saloon & estate
VW Touran 2.0TD
Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Elegance
Vauxhall Zafira 2.0TDi
Ford S Max
Ford Mondeo estate
Volvo V50 SE 2.0D & 2.0i

Ended up with

Volvo V70 SE 2.4D in sapphire black with dark tinted windows, proper pimps car.

Very pleased with it, reasons for chosing this car above the rest. The huge amount of space in the boot, the BMWs, Fords and VWs were too small to fit my sons special needs buggy in. The Volvo was the best compromise on interior space, comfort, price, handling, BHP, level of trim and safety features. Wasn't the cheapest by a long way, but ticked all the boxes.

Plus it was recently classed as Sub-Zero on the Top Gear cool wall. After I bought it, of course ;)

I am itching to tell you all,as i am like a kid at Chrimbo!!

But as there are one or two people in the the Air cooled scene that use this forum, i just can't.

I can't allow anyone to get a jump on me with the project,could cost me money!

You see its not a keeper,just a project/feature/show car.

Al. :D

al":12umpx8m said:
I am itching to tell you all,as i am like a kid at Chrimbo!!

But as there are one or two people in the the Air cooled scene that use this forum, i just can't.

I can't allow anyone to get a jump on me with the project,could cost me money!

You see its not a keeper,just a project/feature/show car.

Al. :D

there's more than 1 or 2! i know 2 who have posted on this thread alone!

my choice of car depends on why i am buying it. track car has to be fast fun and cheap. my van has to be a vw transporter because they are very cheap and easy to lower and source alloys for!

road car had to be cheap and reliable. not bothered about speed on the road at all. save it for the track

i quite often like the thing that gives the best all round package.

i.e

ive had my current car for 2 1/2 years (alfa 156 2.0), i bought it because:

- it looked great
- reasonably quick
- great interior
- it had air con
- was cheap compared to anything else that offered this!

unfortunately it also turned out to be:

- a petrol guzzler
- costly to fix

moral of the story, i will be more cautious over the next car i buy + pay more attention to how much it costs to run. But i do like something reasonably quick that looks good!

I'll only be motivated to buy another car when the one that we have dies, and I consider it a waste of my time and money to revive it.

What'll motivate me to buy a particular one ? It'll have to be cheap (and I mean really cheap) and it will have to carry the two of us and my bass rig and basses.

In fact, we might just get a van (VW Caddy or something like that). Much more useful for us than a car I suppose.

Back