Cannock Big RB Meet! Sunday 28th Dec ** Final Info Update**

Status
Not open for further replies.
gump":v2wf60ky said:
MadCowKev":v2wf60ky said:
gump":v2wf60ky said:
OK... key question... WHAT YOU RIDING?

For me: Fat Chance 10th Anniversary. Rigid of course!

Seems like a good enough occasion to de-NOS a garage queen so I'll bring the Yeti Ultimate. :cool:

:LOL: :LOL: expensive devaluation ride!

No, MrK will take loads of wicked shots of it and then I'll flog it for a fortune on ebay ;)

Old Ned":2f00ifui said:
I've just assembled my old 'cross bike (c. early '80's) as an SS'er with 700C knobblies, flat bars and 36X19 gear. Will this cut it OK? Can't see Cannock being over hilly - or am I deluding myself. :?

It's either this, the Scott or the Stumpie Team Pro c.2000. :?: :?:

Just posted a piccie of the SS'er and related queries on 'Riders Bikes 1997.

Old Ned":3943x0uk said:
Old Ned":3943x0uk said:
I've just assembled my old 'cross bike (c. early '80's) as an SS'er with 700C knobblies, flat bars and 36X19 gear. Will this cut it OK? Can't see Cannock being over hilly - or am I deluding myself. :?

I'd say ride the SS, at least I will have some company at the back of the ride - not saying your unfit but SS's need to stick together. Cannock is not over hilly, the only long uphill bits tend to be on fire roads.

depends where you go ;)

SS is fine for most of it. I ran a 32:17, and theres not much you can't do. Though will be a few bits.
EDOrange did a simulated SS up one hill to see how feasible, and got most way up.

Cannock definitely doable ss, indeed on the fireroad climbs you're likely to forge ahead out of the necessity to keep the gear turning than anything else

REKIBorter":2toh807k said:
Old Ned":2toh807k said:
Old Ned":2toh807k said:

I'd say ride the SS, at least I will have some company at the back of the ride - not saying your unfit but SS's need to stick together. Cannock is not over hilly, the only long uphill bits tend to be on fire roads.
➡️
depends where you go ;)

SS is fine for most of it. I ran a 32:17, and theres not much you can't do. Though will be a few bits.
EDOrange did a simulated SS up one hill to see how feasible, and got most way up. ➡️

I've been cloned, I didn't post the bit between the arrows :!:

oh FFS! I have just done it again. quote and edit are right next to each other.

Sorry! my post!

anyone from the south east fancy a share drive ? start early sundy as i am working saturday .

Thanks for the SS comments guys, I will deffo bring it with me. Ed's selling me some 'proper' sprockets but I suppose I also should have a 'proper' chainring to go with them!

If I like the 'experience' I may do an MTB SS'er for next year. I've got some wheels lined up at a good price for starters. Could do MM on it?

On the 28th I may have a mate with me who's interested in Retro but doesn't have a Retro bike (yet!). He's an ex-first category roadman who hasn't raced (or even ridden hardly) for many years so hopefully he will get round. He has a GT (I think) which is newish but please don't be to hard on him for it ;)

I'm going to ride my s/s Bontrager at Cannock. The lack of gears does not worry me too much as the Chase is mainly rolling hills. The lack of disc brakes does worry me as you forget how poorly rim brakes work in the wet in comparison.
We can have a single speed hikers group at the back on the steep stuff chomping on pork pies (supplied by Ed) whist taking in a strole in the woods .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back