London to Kenya charity event - want to get involved?

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
A friend of mine runs Outspoken Delivery ( www.outspokendelivery.co.uk ), a cycling delivery service in Cambridge, with his brother. They get involved in all sorts of great activities and PK (the brother) is intending to ride 6,000 miles over 6 months to Kenya. Here's a bit of blurb

"An epic overland bicycle rally from London to Kenya ( www.downrightkenya.org ), cycling 6,000 miles over perhaps 6 months.
The rally, which is open to any teams of riders that wish to join, is raising money for a superb charity (‘HSK’) that builds and equips schools in rural Kenya. With the recent violence, the charity has found a further emergency role in supporting refugee children within the school system. Once we arrive in Kenya, we’ll be lucky enough to get involved in these projects – forming a direct link between donors and the charity."

Just thought it might be worth flagging up if anyone wants to get involved - let me know and I'll get more info from PK

Attachments

• drkposter.jpg
    drkposter.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 1,336
Thats something i would love to do but i have a house and a job which i could never just walk away from although i am sure the Mrs would welcome the break.

Good for you though, the cause is brilliant!

Ach ,this post has been here 10 months so its time i added my tuppence worth
Very worthwhile expedition,wish you all the best should you find someone mad enough to sign up
I'd do it at the drop of the 'ol hat, only i cant take all the stress of fundraising these days :(

PK left Cambridge about two months ago, not heard anything but will see his brother over the next week or so and report back

Back