Veggies! Whats for Xmas lunch?

I'm happy with just a plate of veg...not sure what we are having, but obviously must include sprouts, parsnips and roast spuds....think the Mrs is going to make me good old Veggie joke favourite....yes, a nut loaf :LOL:

Her indoors does a lovely dish with sprouts...oven baked in a kinda bechamel sauce...with other bits :?

I'll probably faff about in the kitchen for several hours making my favourite champagne sauce to go with everything.

People always ask me what I eat on Thanksgiving and Christmas since I am a vegetarian and I always reply-"Everything but the meat".

that tends to be my stock answer to people who ask the faintly ridiculous "you dont eat meat, then what do you eat?!" question...

Think Im going to aim for something Mushroom based (the standard grown in a shed variety, not the 'ohmigod my arms are turning into caterpillars' variety) and maybe spice it up a little, I will be drunk by 11 a la Jez so it doesnt really matter :)

Her indoors does a lovely dish with sprouts...oven baked in a kinda bechamel sauce...with other bits

"well, what is it?"

"SPROUTS MEXICAIN!!!!"

bottom_1_396x222.jpg

theboy":13r48ei8 said:
some great ideas there, I think I may have to combine a few and have a huge Yorkshire pudding with a Fry-up, rice, Gin and cocaine in it. then an afternoon of strip poker with the Queen whilst downing rum and doing mushrooms. Christmas will be fun this year.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

theboy":16g4l8h8 said:
Her indoors does a lovely dish with sprouts...oven baked in a kinda bechamel sauce...with other bits

"well, what is it?"

"SPROUTS MEXICAIN!!!!"

bottom_1_396x222.jpg

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Its a Carluccio recipe actually sweetheart.....shall we start swapping recipes over a glass of Cinzano Bianco :D

Belated reply.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

A VERY nice Nut Roast from M&S, plus piles of steamed veggies and 'not been near any meat' roast potatoes and roast parsnips :D :D :D

Mrs Neilll decided to invite 10 people over for Xmas dinner so I was on 'vegetable detail' :roll: :LOL:

..........then she did it again on New Years Day :?

Nice work!

I was in bed with man flu all day. :cry:

but had my veggie fry-up on boxing day. :D

Al.

Back