super light and very pretty xc wheels of glory

cannondale king

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
i finally got round to building a super light wheelset :cool: :cool: :D :D for the giant xtc alliance im planning on getting once iv'e saved up my cash hopfully april :cool: :D anyway hope pro2 hubs in gold with mavic xc 717 disc rims in black with some dt swiss rev spokes on the front wheel and double butted rear with red, blue, green and gold nipples mega sweet :cool:

Attachments

• DSC00500 (Large).JPG
    DSC00500 (Large).JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 2,078
  • DSC00502 (Large).JPG
    DSC00502 (Large).JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 2,078
  • DSC00504 (Large).JPG
    DSC00504 (Large).JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 2,078
  • DSC00503 (Large).JPG
    DSC00503 (Large).JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 2,077
cannondale king":2noha38k said:
i finally got round to building a super light wheelset :cool: :cool: :D :D for the giant xtc alliance im planning on getting once iv'e saved up my cash hopfully april :cool: :D anyway hope pro2 hubs in gold with mavic xc 717 disc rims in black with some dt swiss rev spokes on the front wheel and double butted rear with red, blue, green and gold nipples mega sweet :cool:

Super Light? Lost me there.

I have the exact same wheels (except I used DT Pro-lock nipples) on my Pace and they're the heaviest MTB wheels I own.

Still good wheels though.

dbmtb":nr5tvthd said:
cannondale king":nr5tvthd said:

Super Light? Lost me there.

I have the exact same wheels (except I used DT Pro-lock nipples) on my Pace and they're the heaviest MTB wheels I own.

Still good wheels though.
pro 2 hubs are pretty light and revolution spokes weght the same as the ti spokes so pretty light for a every day pair of xc wheels if i was building a set for racing id use stans or some special order rims from the nice guy at superstar components ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Nice hoops :cool: as an aside how do you find the superstar stuff?

rock hard wheels just bought some hope hoops for my stumpy fsr . the tick from rear hub is brilliant ,ramblers hear you coming

kirbdug":13anl8o7 said:
rock hard wheels just bought some hope hoops for my stumpy fsr . the tick from rear hub is brilliant ,ramblers hear you coming
hope hoops rock i personally think for a factory wheelset they offer a bloody good deal for the money :cool:

cannondale king":1s0vcptj said:
8lezard":1s0vcptj said:
A nice set of wheels, but why post them on a retro forum?
cos i can and this is the readers parts section and its not specific retro only :roll: :roll:

not retro, but it does say on the sub-title it's for 'old-school parts' ;)

That aside, how much do they actually weigh ?

Back