Show us your Specialized

Awaiting a downtube decal from Gil, but here is my recently acquired 1989 Stumpjumper.

I will be keeping it like this; clean, simple, light ;)

stumpjumper_203.jpg

exbiker":2yyjwqxf said:
tiboltrider123":2yyjwqxf said:
Just got this little one. Forks need a bit of air!

Was this just on Ebay recently?

Yep, bought it for the other half but it was even too small for her! So I robbed some bits off it for my other bikes and sold some of it including the frame on ebay.

tiboltrider123":3vaa45i6 said:
exbiker":3vaa45i6 said:
tiboltrider123":3vaa45i6 said:

Yep, bought it for the other half but it was even too small for her! So I robbed some bits off it for my other bikes and sold some of it including the frame on ebay.

It was me that bought it from you, I bought it for the wife to build a nice Singlespeed for her :cool:

Cheers

Ah, thanks Simon. Glad you're happy with it and thanks for the nice feedback! Wish it was big enough for my better half. It's the frame I've also been after (but I want a bright red 17/18"). Can you send me a pic when it's all back together please? Cheers - Tim.

tiboltrider123":3emfy6v4 said:
Ah, thanks Simon. Glad you're happy with it and thanks for the nice feedback! Wish it was big enough for my better half. It's the frame I've also been after (but I want a bright red 17/18"). Can you send me a pic when it's all back together please? Cheers - Tim.

Will do Tim, Cheers for a nice easy deal on it also, I wish everyone on Ebay was like that.

not your usual Rockhopper:

rock01.JPG

mrs.clownfish has owned this from new.
it's her everyday transport, rarely seen without laden panniers.

exbiker":1kipq7v9 said:
tiboltrider123":1kipq7v9 said:
exbiker":1kipq7v9 said:
tiboltrider123":1kipq7v9 said:

It was me that bought it from you, I bought it for the wife to build a nice Singlespeed for her :cool:

I was also after that for my son, you beat me in the auction :( - at least it's gone to another retro biker. will be good as a SS.

That's my old colour scheme on your rockhopper oaep7, bring back a lot of memories. I had the 88 comp version.

this was it...

Attachments

• RHcompS.jpg
    RHcompS.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 1,657
Well,

this was mine before I stripped it. I think that now she must really hate Kleins. My first MTB after a 7 yrs break.

I still have most of it, but miss the place for another bike :cry:

Attachments

• My FSR.JPG
    My FSR.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,628
exbiker":2ahcz7lj said:
tiboltrider123":2ahcz7lj said:

Will do Tim, Cheers for a nice easy deal on it also, I wish everyone on Ebay was like that.

Made a start on the build today, Just got to get a few more bits before i strip it and give it the final build.

Bought some bits from here and some from Ebay which i think were from Retrobike members :cool:

All in all i dont think its cost me much over £150 not bad for an M2 Stumpy.

DSC00617.jpg

DSC00620.jpg

DSC00618.jpg

To say its dinky would be an understatement!!!

Back