Mountain Mayhem 2009- Mr K's Recruitment Programme

Some very good attitudes being expressed here - will the 2009 Team beat the benchmark of 2008? Not that it is a race or competitive you understand......

Ahem....no experience, limited kit, not particularly fit, ermmm. Ok I give up.
No no I mean... what about my lovely Hydrotech, you know everyone secretly loves it, loose bits an all.

ermm I might make a film about the escapade to feature here? ..........why did I just say that? :roll:

ededwards":cyuwpb8q said:
Some very good attitudes being expressed here - will the 2009 Team beat the benchmark of 2008? Not that it is a race or competitive you understand......

Perhaps the 2008 team should re-form and raise the bar?

Curriculum Vitae:

Fitness: last known wherabouts Canada 1997. Took me 2 hours to do Nant-ry-Arian Pendam trail recently, stopping for photos. road 10 mile TT completed in 34:59 2 seasons ago.

Smoking: 20 a day for 15 years until July this year. None since

Bikes: None in ridable state except modern Condor Italia road bike. Kona SS will be built by then, and maybe a retro Full susser too.

Pintage: will happily down pints into double figures.

MM Virvincy: I was there in 2005. I drove up from Aber with a box of stella and spent the night drinking and listening to the London Philharmonic playing the Star Wars theme and Pink Panther. I was just there for the beers and atmosphere (oh and the 6 points I got for doing 92 in a 60 on the way down).

After that glowing CV I'm sure you'll be biting your own arm off to get me signed up on the tream sheet, but on the offchance you don't want me, does anyone else fancy a team of nohopers, drunks and layabouts?

Any news on this? I really am interested and am planning a massive fitness improvements between now and then. How many can be in a team?

Russell":19rg1aj4 said:
ededwards":19rg1aj4 said:

Perhaps the 2008 team should re-form and raise the bar?

Not a bad idea, I will raise one at a bar tonight . . .

There will be 10 people picked to race (or trundle) in this team - subject to the ruthless process of selection... ;-)

Captain K

Re: More

mrkawasaki":2iuki23c said:
Potential conscripts - you need to plead your case on this thread - we need to know what characteristics, experience and attitude you will bring to the team... what bike(s) you might be building/riding... what your failings might be etc.

In short, flesh it out... sing for your supper etc.

Captain K

PS. Photos and diagrams always help...

OK, here it is:

characteristics
1. I look just like my avitar.
2. I'll be riding my Pace RC200 F3 owned since new in '94

experience
1. Raced in the nationals and welsh series in 1989 – 1995
2. Since '95 I spent all my time and money on beer, women & records. The rest I squandered.

attitude
1. Red mist comes down when racing (at least it used to back in the day). It's not the taking part that counts, it's the winning.
2. Not on the bike I'm totally chilled, enjoy a few beers, just being there is enough fun.

fitness
1. I regularly ride on the South Downs and further afield.
2. I ride 5.5 miles to work every weekday.

Attachments

• cimg3198_597.jpg
    cimg3198_597.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 1,366
Back