voodoo djab 96 (made some changes)

anthony is spot on as usual, i was looking for a hei hei but settled with this as it satasfies my kona fetish. the stem i had befour the frame and i have being trying to find a use for it. you have comfermed what i was thinking and it will have to go. im now thinking black hope stem.
im not convinced on flat bars yet though. risers are quite new for me and i found them to be realy comfy, ive always ridden with barends i use them all the time to spread my hands out on over long rides and climbing obviously. to ride without them is like leaveing the house without your watch on, though i will give it a go just for you guys.
really though i find it a bit strainge the reaction to the riser barend combo. its the first time ive come across that kind of thinking, personaly i would never dream of puting drop bars on a mtb. mabey if i had a sponser and won lots of races eveyone would be using combos like that :LOL: only kidding, you might even get me into some lycra next! ;)
im dying to get out on it at the moment, im working round the clock and right up till the 24th, whitch i should be greatfull for i spose. so it wont be till after chrismass now. im thinking of wraping it up for myself for chrismass day :D ayway ive got you guys to thank for it becouse if it wasen't for this site id still be riding my cindercone. cheers :cool:

Stem

Ride it first before changing the stem! Syntace do some nice stiff and very light 4 bolt stems in various lengths for less than a Hope one. They only weigh about 100g. Barends look ok with flats, so a riser stem with flats and barends would look better.
The long stem, riser bars and barends must make the front end very heavy also?

yeh the stem is heavy, the bars are carbon so not much weight there, ive been waiting to get hold of some pace v-brake mounts so i can use the carbon forks i have. that was the plain in the first place but i couldent wait to build it.

Yes, ride it then play with it ;)

Just had a quick look
D-jab, Head angle
2007 (100mm) 71degrees,
2008 (100mm) 70 degrees.
(130mm are slacker by 1.3 degrees), so I guess they still do use the same aim for XC type head angles.
1996 (80mm I assume Judy SL where the longest option according to the cat.) 71deg for 17.25"+ 70.5deg for 14" and 16"

oh and Stem length form 90 to 150mm with 0, 10 or 25degree rise where options.

Though for 1996 17.25" Mr Voodoo Joe recommends
Height 5'5" to 5'9"
Inseam 30 to 32"
Arm Reach 21 to 23"
Stem 110/120

i made a few changes to the djab. i swapped the stem a long time ago but today i finaly got round to putting the carbon forks on.
i realiesd the other day that while hammering down a hill in puddletown that my sids were still locked out so quickly unlocked them and ended up bouncing all over the place. i also swapped the maguras for avid ti Vs.
i've left off the stubbie barends for the pic to save on any more debate about risers and barends :LOL: not had a chance to ride it yet but will tomorow :D

weighs in at 22.44 pounds or 10.18 kg and the forks are 425mm A-C

i also had a hard time working out the cables, the frame didn't like hydro cables. this was the best set up i could work out so far, does anyone have any idea to how it was intended?

Attachments

• P11-04-09_16.31[01].JPG
    P11-04-09_16.31[01].JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 959
  • P11-04-09_16.32.JPG
    P11-04-09_16.32.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 959
Back