SCOTLAND MacRetro Meet Jan 24th Dunkeld

GPS !!!!!!!!!!!!

We are Retrobikers, whats wrong with OS maps, compass,guesswork and blind optimism :LOL:

On second thoughts..............

Anyways, provided the roads are passable I'll steer my 3 wheeled car up to Dunkeld. Must get the heater sorted :roll:

I'm good for any january weekend, tell us whate dates suit you sir !

Velo

No GPS files I'm afraid. I do however have an OS map of the area and have biked there many, many times.

The Ken's route looks good as it's a reasonable enough distance to make travelling there worthwhile for those further afield but doesn't climb too high thereby avoiding too much "weather".

I reckon that the best bet would be to have three routes prepared: Alba 7's if the weathers boggin', The Ken's if it's 50/50 and mine if the weather gods smile upon us. :D

As far as dates go I think haggis is away from the 5th to the 12th so it would be good to plan around that as much as is possible to try and get most if not all of us there.

velomaniac":27podl2x said:
GPS !!!!!!!!!!!!

We are Retrobikers, whats wrong with OS maps, compass,guesswork and blind optimism :LOL:
Nothing :) Served me well for more than 20 years of biking and climbing.

Got given the GPS (most basic Garmin thing) last year and have used it to record routes for posting to the web. There is no way I would rely upon it for directions on the hill - if it loses the signal, runs out of batteries or falls off the bike then you are stuffed :shock: Much prefer a Mk 1 OS map and a compass.

I met a couple recently struggling through deep heather and boggy ground, slavishly following their GPS. If only they had had a map they would have seen the nice path I was on less than 100yds away :LOL:

I've got some cyclist's touring club cloth maps from around 1930 if you really want to get retro (and lost).

Route

Good route, did it in the summer, but as a there and back to Loch Ordie on the landrover track (9yo in tow- not mine)

Might be worth giving the Taybank a shout to see if we can have the upstairs room for post-ride Stovies?

Dates wise, why not Saturday 24th January, almost one month exactly from Christmas and also regarded as the most depressing day of the year thus the best choice for cheering ourselves up :D

If not a suitable choice then feel free to chime in with other suggestions.

We need a date to work toward ;)

Plastic Pig driver aka Velo

fine by me to, you want to car share Kaiser?

How will you get a bike in the back of the three wheeler velo? Mind you you managed it on the back of the moped thingamie, can you get into watch the football free with one of those cars?

Attachments

• brianandvicky%5CTrotters%20Robin%20Reliant.jpg
    brianandvicky%5CTrotters%20Robin%20Reliant.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,140
Ah at last the cheek starts :LOL: :roll:

Mines white and more modern.............well a wee bit more modern than the Trotter van.

We must try and rally the non usual suspects, they seem to have gone quiet again :(

I should make it to this :D

BTW i have some Alloy wheels that'll fit your Reliant Vello :) , is it running on 10" wheels ?, i have a set of genuine 70's slot mags off an old Mini that'll fit, three are Cobras and one is Woolfrace so they are not a matching set, you could use the Cobras (two on the back one as a spare), i'd need to check the tyres but i think they are good (165/70/10's)

Back