best ISP?

Recently changed to o2....good package £15 Per month unlimited downlaod (subject to fair usage) and fast....easy transfer, great comms, the call centres are UK based and very helpful. Best I have used so far.
Carl

if you're cabled up I can't complain with Virgin Media. £30/month for telephone/medium TV package/2Mb broadband.

I love Zen - www.zen.co.uk

They are expensive on a monthly basis but no minimum contract term and if there is ever problem (it's happened once in 5 years) or you need to call them about your bill, you ring them, they answer the 'phone!

It's such a simple idea, I don't know why other companies don't do it ...

They recently got a great write-up in Which? for the customer service, so I'm not alone in thinking this

I was with Pipex for years when they were good. Good old BT now, a bit more expensive, but i have always found them to be the most reliable, which is a must for me, plus their customer service is better than most, but still not brill.

Definitely NOT 3 mobile Broadband, If i wasn't tied to this contract i'd of binned it months ago and gone back on Virgin....Complete pants, avoid like the plague.

Karoo is the best in my area.
That being said it is the only wired broadband we have :LOL:

Other than that when I was in a Cable area (Cardiff), NTL was the better (now of course Virgin).

But used for many years and still use Force9 (F9) for most my email
now called Plus.net, something like £10/month for basic and do many types of contract iirc
Voted very high if not top in uSwitch and other polls.

Really unless you live in the large cities, your broadband is restricted to BT's actual lines and their quality. Not much ISP can do about it.

Interesting thread.

After a service with fixed IP and a high data allowance (or fair use policy, whatever). Any susggestions.

I've been with plusnet http://www.plus.net/ for years.

I went with them originally as they were offering the best combination of speed, availability, contention and price.

The service has been very reliable. I can't think of an outage that has affected me.

They're still up there.

Oh and if you go with them you were referred by crell :)

Whats ISP?

And do i need some of it?

Cheers,Al. feeling left out,Cornwall! :(

Back