Miyata terra runner -1986?

marky2484

Senior Retro Guru
Just had to share -got this on e-bay a couple of days ago -£25 !!!!!!!Shots are from the ad, as I can't pick it up until Tuesday . 1984 in the ad, but provisionally dated at 1986 with reference to the online Miyata catalogues. It looks just lovely......oh the anticipation :D

Mark

Attachments

• miyata side view.jpg
    miyata side view.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 2,820
  • miyata SIDE 2.jpg
    miyata SIDE 2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 2,814
  • miyata to view.jpg
    miyata to view.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 2,821
  • miyata head on.jpg
    miyata head on.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 2,819
Hello,

Very nice :) A true ancient mountainbike on our continent.

Of course 25 GBP very well spent: A steal! I think this 'antique' rig will be a sturdy performer on more relaxed, not really pace aimed off road tours.

Miyata started with ATBs in '83 or '84, 1st with the tig'ed RidgeRunner. In Europe, Koga introduced their 1st issue in 1986. Here the RidgeRunner for that year =>

RidgeRunner-86actual.jpg

hairstream":32izjuld said:
Now that's vintage. I like it.
I second to that !
That kind of old steel is the one that gets me all excited, weird isn't it ?
I guess it's because it reminds me when as a child (and with help from my dad) I swapped the handlebars and wheels of my crappy bike for moped ones and felt so proud of my creation.
Unfortunately we don't have many bikes of that era here in France.
Thanks for posting.

It was on for £15 before but didn't sell! (did put it in the ebay section, before you ask)
The seller has/had a late 80's hardrock for sale too that looked interesting.

Yeah, I was one of the bidders when it didn't go for £15 - and thanks for the e-bay heads up Makster -I did see it and it was the reason the bike was on my watch list - I love it when a plan comes together!

Mark :D

Back