Are these Marzocchis?

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
If so which ones - it says 6 levels of adjustment so not XC51 plus too recent for that (1996), are they XC700? I don't think they are DH3. I'm not a great expert but I have some XC51's already and they look of similar vintage...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... IBSA:UK:11

Attachments

• Marzocchi.jpg
    Marzocchi.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 7,234
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
These are the only photos I can find of XC700 - it looks very similar...

Attachments

• xc700.jpg
    xc700.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 7,223
  • XC 700.JPG
    XC 700.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 7,221
Hi,

They look like XC500s or XC600s, but as they have 6 settings they must be XC600s.

- Melvin

Never faced issues with both of my zocchies, but I do not have them for a really long period now. Former owner of the XC700 explained me he never did anything with the it since '96 (don't think he rode the Verlicchi very much I have to say). My DH3 is still minty mint too. Though the old zocchies are said to suffer from leaking from time to time.

I think functioning is among the very best of their age. The DH3s already have 77mm travel and people praise them for the smoothness. The zocchies are proper made. They have quality looks and feel.

As Novekilli recently explained us, Marzocchi still does servicing for the old forks. This makes Marzocchi a company I have much sympathy for.

- Melvin

They look like XC600s to me too (circa 1995), although the photo isn't that great. The XC500 has a different brace and bolts on the front of the crown from memory. There is a fork review (MBUK 94?) which includes the XC500 in the archive if you are interested.

I find all 90s Marzocchi's particularly nice to work on and finding new parts (seals etc) is relatively easy (and I'm in a relatively remote place compared to most of you guys). In my opinion they are also a lot more robust than other suspension forks of the time. If you want an electronic copy of the manual I can send you a copy.

marzocchixc60019953rz.jpg

Elev12k":3hk96pk0 said:
My DH3 is still minty mint too. Though the old zocchies are said to suffer from leaking from time to time.

Melvin,

I notice your DH3 has a "plain" brace on it. Do you know if this is original? (it looks original), as the only DH3s I've seen (and all are still in regular use too) have matching green braces to go with the legs and crown.

Andrewl,

The one year older DH3s in the Verlicchi scan topic have a silver brace too:

Bromont2800.jpg

..and if I remember correctly the DH3s in the German BIKE Workshops have silver braces. I think it is normal though green would have looked nice :cool:

Verlicchi scan topic: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2695

In this topic also a 1994 catalogue, but it is in Dutch....

Back