Disc brake setup

mattbrown

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
i have an Avid Juicy 3 front disc brake, and a hope hub ( i think hope pro) and marzocchi forks but the disc is miles away from the caliper unless i use about 5mm spacers between the adapter and the disc, which then alows the caliper to be mounted. Is this normal?

Perhaps you need a different adaptor. 5mm of spacers is a little extreme. Normally you would use a few spacers (maybe 1-2mm worth) to align the disc in the center of the pads, if you need them at all. I currently have no spacers on any of my discs, which equals five between three bikes.

I am a firm beliver that trying to sort out retro calipers, rotors, hubs etc onto a frame to all work together should be crystal maze challenge .... Drives me nuts :LOL:

the avids have slotted mounts so you should be able to adjust them with the two allen bolts on the back of the caliper. if not syncros, new not old, make disc spacers.

sorry to hijack your thread dude but i also have a question about discs:

my discs are shit HOPE C2 calipers with the pro lever.

i took out the pads and they are really smooth. is this how they should be or do i need new pads? there is depth to them but its just rubbish.

Back