I'm regressing...

my Airfix stuff always looked like I'd built it with my hands tied behind my back.

I'm a Lego man myself (I rebuilt my arm only last night)

Airfix's dies were so old that the parts rarely seemed to fit together properly. I used to save up another week's pocket money and go for the Tamiya alternative.

Probably not the case with the more modern models.

But the glue smells so nice.......
Perhaps thats why the models always turned out looking so crap?

Used to have planes, and helicopters that i'd made, attached to my bedroom ceiling with cotton. You could never clean 'em, so they eventually got thrown away by 'The Man'!! :cry:

I got the airfix anniversary book a few years ago- as British as whingeing about the weather!! I do remember that a lot of airfix moulds were fairly tired even when I was a kid, but I probably made far more of them than any other brand.

"AIRFIX: What we did before we discovered masturbation"

My Dad had the airfix model of the Victory,it sat unopened in a wardrobe for twenty years,how i so wanted us to build it together :( sniff!,but he never had time :cry:

Childhood lost :cry:

LEGO....

Its the only thing that I could be left alone with:

Took me years to get this right.

Attachments

• LEGO Range Rover.JPG
    LEGO Range Rover.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 1,209
I love the old Airfix kits (although they are suffering badly from a lack of investment these days.) My lad (:cool: has just got into building aeroplane kits which has given me a chance to re-live me childhood. :D

I've got to say Airfix were always hard work, but the quality of the older kits now is appalling.

My favourite Airfix stuff was the 1:24 aircraft. I've got a number of them (including a Stuka which is huge!).

If you do start doing stuff again, I'd recommend any of the Japanese kits, Accurate Miniatures or Dragon.

God I'm an anorak! :shock:

Back