Dekerf Team SL, the build starts today :)

Pickle":p5n9eqhl said:
Beautiful frame.

Forks are OTT in my opinion. Some skinnier forks like Mag20/21 would really suit it :cool:

At least the 'Zokes will work well - form should follow function ;) .

My opinion (for what it's worth...)

I'd keep the forks, and not just because they look to be a good colour match to the frame (though that too). They'll work well and be reliable and trouble free (in my experience). Don't bother with all that spindly old Mag 20/21 stuff - there's no comparison :roll: .

Then you can run an Avid BB7 cable disc on the front and an Arch Rival on the rear and have matching levers, use something like Mavic XC 717 rims disc/non disc front and rear and that will be all cool.
That's what I'd do it it was mine - either that or I'd put a caliper mount on the frame (but then I always want to do that... :oops: )

I'm looking forward to seeing the final build (but do fit a disc brake on the front - it's well worth it) ;)

This is mine with discs.Bought it s/h but did have the rear mount on already.
Thanx Max

Attachments

• ebay sells and bikes 001 (Medium).jpg
    ebay sells and bikes 001 (Medium).jpg
    90 KB · Views: 2,150
  • ebay sells and bikes 007 (Medium).jpg
    ebay sells and bikes 007 (Medium).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 2,150
Beautiful bike, always regret letting mine go (as I said to Bonty1 on the Cannock ride)
My opinion for what it's worth, RC31's are great on these and I think you'll find it more than compliant enough on anything but the gnarly stuff... Gotta be vees too...
The current "zokkis" don't look bad as it stands and the colours are perfect...

Very nice, beautiful bike in an ace colour. I will be following this one too.

The Zocchi works well for me, this is a hardcore Canadian frame after all. Browsing the DeKerf owners section I found more brutish bikes than I expected from how they are perceived this side of the big pond.

OTOH something like a Pace RC36 with steel Ti-Nitrided stanchions would complement this set very well too. Choices choices....

Enjoy!!

I like the Zokes too- they look a little chunky but so will most forks on there.
They look much better than the Suntour XCRs that (dis)grace the front of the green DeKerf that sits outside my local supermarket every Sunday morning. It looks like all the no name Nang Keng parts on it were taken from a £79 Halfords special- if ever a bike should be taken into care it is that one.

Dr S":15fvkjtl said:
I like the Zokes too- they look a little chunky but so will most forks on there.
They look much better than the Suntour XCRs that (dis)grace the front of the green DeKerf that sits outside my local supermarket every Sunday morning. It looks like all the no name Nang Keng parts on it were taken from a £79 Halfords special- if ever a bike should be taken into care it is that one.

You need to offer that man some money- surely he doesnt know what hes got?

Back