Love cars hate Top Gear?

well that clears it up then!

Soon be Christmas.

Al.

Well i have seen it all now.

Arguing over efi or mfi, marinas shit or shit hot and maestros! :roll:

I can rest easy.

I love this thread.. first time I've laughed today.

crud":bs2we1fq said:
The uks fastest accelerating front wheel drive car was a maestro for a long time, don't know if it still is.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to see some sort of proof of that... I believe that actually it was the fastest accelerating MG model in its day, not fastest FWD full stop.

Ha ha .... Awesome arguments here !!!! Made me chuckle good and proper !!

And nobody even commented on my nicely cwaffered beard in my photo on page 1 !!! ha ha... I even got my face on the show! Lovin it ....

Russell":21ych9oe said:
I love this thread.. first time I've laughed today.

crud":21ych9oe said:
The uks fastest accelerating front wheel drive car was a maestro for a long time, don't know if it still is.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to see some sort of proof of that... I believe that actually it was the fastest accelerating MG model in its day, not fastest FWD full stop.

MG Maestro Turbo.

0-60 in 6.5 seconds in 1989. That was if you could keep it out of a hedge with all the torque steer. Wouldn't stop easily either.

There is a guy called Andy Nicholls who has made one properly quick (11 second quarter miles) and it handles quite well, but that's after tens of thousands of pounds, and over ten years of development. I assume that's who Crud's talking about. Not the quickest FWD anymore by a long chalk though, I believe Andy holds that record with his Rover.

Delboy - nice beard

Back