Sussex South Downs Ride - Devils Dyke - *THIS COMING SUNDAY*

bryan555":1u95h00k said:
Yeah great ride - nice to meet you all. Gutted I missed out on the cake but got home in time to clean my bike before dark!

Hope you all got home OK -see you soon. Looking forward to the next one

Please tell me you took your chopper!!! :)

Great day... Good company, new faces, old faces, cold faces, all happy faces .... lots of punctures (for me :oops: ) , lots of cake, good soup, good sociable night ride back to the Dyke from the cafe.
I knew it was going to be a comedy day when I arrived at Devils Dyke car park and realised I had left the front wheel of my Pace at my workshop, a quick trip home 5mins down the road was taken to swap bikes with my Bonti Singlespeed.

decdown1.jpg

downsdec2.jpg

downsdec3.jpg

downsdec4.jpg

downsdec5.jpg

Good ride. Long day 7+hours. Lots of faffing from Wu – first pee stop 200 yards into the ride, stop to adjust tyre pressures after ½ mile, multiple clothing changes “I’m too hot”, “I’m too cold”, “I need thicker socks” etc. Genius. :roll: A few new faces, Bryan and Skecher both with very nice Pace. :) James must be youngest retrobike member at 18? Him and I had an interesting discussion about the meaning of retro being from different eras/generations….respect to Mike who turned up on his ‘dale Super V but a 95 model so definitely retro ;) and PSDSteve still smiling after his sixth puncture and fixing tubes in the tea shop. Shame the sweet woodland singletrack to the café had been sabotaged by anti-bikers. :evil: The night ride ‘home’ an hour and a half across the South Downs in the dark was epic. :cool:

Only negative was my high speed crash at the start of loop 2. I missed a bend on a sweeping descent, went off-piste, avoided some other cows, ducked under a low tree before deciding to eject just before coming to rest amongst the trees which absorbed my energy. My helmet was wrecked – it took most of the impact and today my head, neck, shoulder and ribs hurt. Probably should get one of my docs to check me out….Yetifans will be pleased that there no damage to the FRO :p

Thanks to everyone for making a good day. Maybe one to do again on a hot dry summers day…….

MadCowKev":185mwp8d said:
Only negative was my high speed crash at the start of loop 2. I missed a bend on a sweeping descent, went off-piste, avoided some other cows, ducked under a low tree before deciding to eject just before coming to rest amongst the trees which absorbed my energy. My helmet was wrecked – it took most of the impact and today my head, neck, shoulder and ribs hurt. Probably should get one of my docs to check me out….

Unlucky buddy :shock: :(

I hope you'll be ok to still rock and (hopefully not) roll at Cannock??

snooks":2h9qxn5i said:
Please tell me you took your chopper!!! :)

:LOL: Maybe for on a dryer day. Not that my old Ground Controls gave me much grip! Anyone remember the old Kamikaze video? There's one guy trying to ride down Mammoth mountain on a chopper. He didn't get far!

Thanks to all for a great ride on sunday, weather wasn't great but could have been a whole lot worse. Bad tyre choice on my part made the latter sections of the ride a bit hard, Tioga DH 2.1's. Very funny enjoyable day out and nice to put faces to names. Will be looking out on here for the next local-ish ride some time in the new year when the weather picks up.

James

Back