More ebay advice needed

slinky182

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have a pair of DT SWISS forks forsale on ebay. In the title I've added 'not Pace, Manitou, Fox....'. Is this ok or are they gonna remove the listing when they see it?

They'll remove the listing if somebody puts in a complaint. If they do, though, you won't get charged for the listing but you'll have to re-advertise it which will cost you time!

tiboltrider123":2ouia1gv said:
They'll remove the listing if somebody puts in a complaint. If they do, though, you won't get charged for the listing but you'll have to re-advertise it which will cost you time!

Don't quote me, but I think Ebay may be getting a bit tougher regarding refunding the listing charges and sometimes they don't refund. Quite simply its key word spamming and they don't like it (neither do I to be fair), so I wouldn't do it.
Carl

When i sold my Bravado the other week Ebay removed my first listing because i put "not Kona Specialized" and someone complained. The thing to do is miss off the "not" bit because the forks could be a replacement for any of the models listed in your title.

To me, the best way to sell your item is to list exactly what it is, not what it isn't.

I would be more concerned whether the body of your listing is well done and the photos are clear. If a listing is written properly in the heading and body, you'll get the market rate.

List it on German ebay where they don't care what you do. Key word spamming - go for it, refuse to take paypal - go for it!

I'm always amazed that ebay is so strict in all countries except germany.

All that said, I dislike spamming key words, I know it's not x,y or z and that's why I wasn't searching for that item!

EDIT: although in this case I would call them DT Swiss Pace forks as there is still a load of cross over in design and DT swiss forks won't generate as many hits as pace will!

I won't even look at the ads that use "not" spamming. Even if it happens to be what I am searching under. If it IS Kona and NOT Intense, Specialized, GT and every other bicycle brand out there, then they can still bleepity bleep bleep bleep. :D

Just my opinion though... :roll:

DT SWISS XRC80

I wouldn't normally have done it but I listed them as without the other makes mentioned and I had 2 watchers after 6 days, so I changed the title and relisted them, and strait away 34 watchers. I just dont think people expect to see them on ebay so soon

spamming

I am like konapaul, in that if I was looking for F**$king X, Y, or Z I would have bloody well searched for X, Y or Z. :evil:
Wont even look at the ads even if its something I think might be OK as I am always a bit suspect of the item if it cant be listed honestly.
Jamie

Its all about marketing your product, The more people you get interested the bigger the chance of a better sale, The more money you will make. Go for it i say :cool:

Back