Another clunker "rider"

tam_shadow

Old School Hero
My mate Wilson just got this one together, I sourced most of the kit for him thanks to ebay and knowledge garnered whilst building my clunker from Mister Bonds.

wb05.jpg

Joe Breeze approved ;)

red_iggy01.jpg

Same B97 frame as my La Salle - this is a Majestic also made by Schwinn circa 1936. He used new Sun Rhyno Lite polished ally rims and a brand spanking new Sturmey Archer BF front hub, otherwise we have the same bike. PS it tips 35 pounds on the scale (not sure what that is in "stones").

Two more of these repack style riders coming out after the holidays - stay tuned.

The other guy in the photo with Joe is Frank Berto, the world's foremost expert on bicycle gearing, and the author of "The Birth of Dirt."

Speaking of the underappreciated Mr. Bonds, he is my neighbor, and we went for a ride yesterday...on full-suspension bikes. Alan has collected six Excelsior frames, and has the entire parts kit to set one up. He plans to start building "authentic" Repack clunkers for sale, and nothing could be any more authentic than bikes built by the master of the genre.

Alan is not conversant with websites, but a friend of his has set him up with the bare bones of a site at clunkers.net (including photos lifted from my site).

I'll try to document the entire build on Alan's site, which saves me from having to do it on my own.

Definitely a nice build, but I'd photoshop out that bloke who pops up in both pictures in the jeans and ugly shirt if I were you. ;)

That is indeed original and looks nice.
Are the pedals original?
I would like a bike like that for cruisin, but I think a replica would be better to use in the city.

andrewl":2h0d7gg0 said:
Definitely a nice build, but I'd photoshop out that bloke who pops up in both pictures in the jeans and ugly shirt if I were you. ;)

I think that is the US taste of style. :)

Did you mean something like this?
I also cleaned the street and the brown shoes and some spots on the clothes.
:D Yes I was bored.

Repack Rider":mnpel639 said:
Alan is not conversant with websites, but a friend of his has set him up with the bare bones of a site at clunkers.net (including photos lifted from my site).

I'll try to document the entire build on Alan's site, which saves me from having to do it on my own.

"wink"

sq225917":8il79onc said:
he's got those 800 buck bearclaw pedals on.... say no more. :roll:

...VP 1/2 bear traps, $16 any day of the week from the ebay...they do look the part though :D

LTS Biker":1tzz5648 said:
Did you mean something like this?
I also cleaned the street and the brown shoes and some spots on the clothes.
:D Yes I was bored.

Much nicer! and yes you must have been bored....

Sounds like you need a new project bike to work on ;)

Back