Hoy wins SPOTY - Bonus!

Just home from todays ride and switched on to see the result :D

If anybody was listening to 'talksport' between 0700 and 0900 today please join me in emailling Mike Parry and calling him a numpty :evil:

Fair play to the guy, I think he deserved it. As I said before, he didn't just win, he mullered it.

Just shows what people can do when funding is there and they don't have to do the night shift at MaccyDs. Gotta help.

crud":ce0gpcrb said:

Thank you for pointing out my spelling error Crud. You'll be pleased to see that I have corrected it :roll:

Mike Parry's point this morning was that without lottery handouts the Olympians would not have achieved anything and that they were not deserving of funding - likening the payouts to dole money - and that Lewis Hamilton was more deserving as he didn't benefit from 'handouts' and had to perform over a longer period of time......

MadCowKev":ubock0xs said:
crud":ubock0xs said:

Thank you for pointing out my spelling error Crud. You'll be pleased to see that I have corrected it :roll:

Mike Parry's point this morning was that without lottery handouts the Olympians would not have achieved anything and that they were not deserving of funding - likening the payouts to dole money - and that Lewis Hamilton was more deserving as he didn't benefit from 'handouts' and had to perform over a longer period of time......

.....And Lewis Hamilton wouldn't have got anywhere without millions of pounds of sponsorship either!!!! Oh and those millions are usually put up by cigarette and alcohol companies....great message to the kids there!!! I don't usually listen to talksport as all their djs really f*cking rub me up the wrong way - sounds like they've come up with another insightful piece of journalism there!

In another post I said that Lewis Hamilton would win, but would be happily proved wrong, and I have so I am now, in turn, happy!! Well done Mr Hoy!!!!

Super effort Hoy, glad he won.

Thought it was a shoe-in for Hamilton.

anyone notice the BBC Sport trail shown after the show didn't have any cycling in? You'd think the BBC might show a bit (more) after the nomination and popularity the cyclists shown in SPoTY

Very pleased for Hoy, had a feeling he might be in with a chance as I could not get through to vote for him all programme!

Awards

He thoroughly deserved the award. I think it is great for cycling as a sport and as it was a public vote it really counts. That's rubbish about Hamilton not having the support. If he'd been driving for a less competitive team he'd just be another Jensen Button.

Back