voodoo djab 96 (made some changes)

lumos2000

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
ive just finishd my latest build and wanted some thoughts on the stem, and the whole build really. i did'nt really want to raise the whole moden/retro thing again i just wanted a nice light ti rider. ive just got to shorten the cables on the maguras and im done but its nagging me does the stem stay or go. i do like it but it seems a bit chunky also im going to need a long stem as the frame is a tad small for me, ive not had a chance to ride it yet so ill have to see just how small when i do. ho and i konw the riser barend combo looks a bit odd but i like it :D so what do you think? thanks to cordroyboy and all the others for the parts!

Attachments

• DSC00148.JPG
    DSC00148.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 2,232
  • DSC00150.JPG
    DSC00150.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 2,232
DJab

Stem way too ( Barge tiller) long, riser bars-no way and no bar ends please!
Nice small size, I think more Black would look better? Sorry but needs to be mainly black or Silver, not a mix of both!
I have both an XLM and Lightning, I have one near all silver, one all black parts both look better for this!
However, things you must match are seat clamp and headset, and stem and seat post. The stem and post could be silver with the clamp and headset black.
Brown saddle not good and why not Discs?

no disk tabs, and disk wheel set up way to expencive at the mo. i have got a pair of white bros carbon riged but i wanted to try the sids for now as i dont have any v-break clamps for them. i have thought about the disk adaptor but i thought i would be to bulky, i have i mind to change the clamp the hope one being a bit big. i may ditch the barends but the risers will have to stay for now. im going to have to take it for a ride to see about the lenght of the stem, i have a carbon one for it but its way to short. i really hope the frame isn't to small for me its 1/4 of an inch smaller than the 18" konas i have so i dident think it would be a problem. the seat is staying. i did have some brown grips to match on the way but i thinks they are lost in the post :( thanks for your comments people here are way to polite and dont want to offend.

DJab

What size seat post and clamp is it? I feel while the Maguras work really well but look bulky and are on the heavy side. i used Avid SL 25 Ti's on my lightning, they are very light and a perfect match for the frame tone.
Also noticed the stem is zero rise! If you put a 10/15 deg rise stem on, you could then go to flat bars for the same rise? I have a Black Thomson Elite 140mm 15 deg in mint If your interested? I think the stem is the biggest Fauxpas

thanks for the offer, i had thought about v's but im really loving the maguras at the moment, the xlite stem is 135mm so a 140 is going to be huge, i may have to look out for a carbon one as i have carbon risers and post. also iv'e promised myself not to buy any more bike related stuff this side of new year, im not good at keeping promises though :D the clamp is 31.2

Stem

Yes but as its 15 deg its parallel(effective) length will be less than the X-lite (remember school geometry lessons?) Want me to measure it?

Stem

Just checked the reach and its 140 mm as stated along its length ctc ,but only about 132 reach ctc. You could also bring the bars back a bit with more sweep on the bars? i.e I use Salsa Promotos as they have 7 11 and 17 deg options, I have some 11's that are spare, whats the seat clamp anyway, may have a Black one spare for you? Also have a CK in Silver if you wanted to swap the headset?

i dont remember much from school, you can probley tell from my spelling :) i going to take it for a ride first so i can make my mind up. if you want to send me a pick of that stem it might just tempt me more ;)

Thomson

Here it is, As you can see where the reach is, it will also lift you bars, so a set of lighter and nicer looking flats could be employed?
Stem.jpg

fork is too tall. it affects the handling in maybe not the nicest way.

anything else taste and fashion related i could not care less. you guys are obsessed w/ looks.

Back