Opinions please, changes now made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh i meant to say my girlfriend is around 6ft and is built like a swimmer but with 36inch legs.

I had already sat her on it to check but i am going to change the stem back to the Orange one until i can find an alternative and i am looking for a match to the rear mech and will sell the front one on or swap it if someone has the right one.

I thought the tyres were the one good choice so am suprised Kaiser you hate them so much, what dont you like. I thought they were subtle with the hint of blue. Do you think beige ones would look better??

Also i am thinking a silver bar instead of a black one??

I would definetly lose the stem and base the groupset on your v brakes - XT M739, a really nice set that is reasonable in price. You could easily pic up the main bits if you sell the XTR. :D

I'm in agreement with the tyres though, I'm not a fan of those two tone Fire XC's. I would go for plain black or amber walls. ;)

Other wise, great frame - deserves some hard riding! :twisted:

Swop the miss-matched shifter/brake levers and go for xt STi combo's ,to match the xt v/s
Sell the pace front and get a matching xt to the rear
xt cranks,and a round rather than square stem
Other than this
It's a very nice looking bike ,very trim and neat and pleasing to look at
Nice colour scheme too

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks Harry, they are smart and very clean. I am dead chuffed.

New parts being aquired to make the changes. Definately wont lose the Pace front, thats a great wheel and light too. Stem will be changed and silver bar to be added and have older XT/XTR stuff on way. XT cranks were fitted but looked out of place so Middleburn RS7s being fitted as they are slim and follow the clean simple look and they offer the opportunity to add a flash of colour.

Pics to be posted up at the weekend. Thank you for the opinions so far guys.

Build

I think some amberwall tires would set that lovely frame colour off. Dont think the blue walls do anything for it. I quite like the stem, origianal's always best though IMO

That's a nice colour bike

I too would probably change the tyres to amberwall ones

not too keen on barends but I wouldn't have them on any bike lol

re:

I don't like the stem either, and I think thoose lx shifters look like alivios or something. Maybe some thumbshifters would look trick on this one!

keep the xtr stuff...

Updated photos with new forks on. I am changing the front mech to match the rear and adding a 7 speed cassette to add to the DX shifters i am also to fit. The stem is the only issue. I want something like a control tech or syncros 1' stem. If anyone has one i would be very oppen to offers.

Adambike001.jpg

Thoughts please??[/img]

Back