Tyre pressures??

ive no idea about tyre pressure :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: not very helpful.... i just pump them up until they feel ok thats it. i do have the tyres on my dmr pumped up so theyre rock hard and on the gt theyre abit squishy :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: i dont even know what tyres i have on :LOL:

I think on a rigid i'd definitely run em a bit softer if only to get a bit more comfort ;)

Chris.

Tire pressure

heathy":3exdhfog said:
I use 38.239 in the front and 41.487 in the rear ;)

This debate is raging on on many a bike forum. The theory of running 38.239 sounds plausible ....................... :LOL:

I use 2.1 Conti Speed Kings supersonics tubeless at about 25 psi and they're perfect for me at 60kgs on a hardtail on any XC course, but for rough stuff I go for 2.2 mountain kings at the same pressure. I can't understand why anyone would be running more than 35 off road, thats crazy :shock:

It all depends on your weight. The tyre flattens and enlarges the contact area so that the weight supported by the wheel = the contact area x PSI.

So say at 30 psi, with a 30lb load it will give a 1 sq inch contact area.

So if you are heavy, you get a big contact patch and the tyre distorts more: more rolling resistance, and more likely to have a pinch flat.

Back