Sorry 'Roon, I stole from your back yard (RTS content)

Arran

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Sorry Kingroon, i've stolen from your territory! Got chatting to a really nice guy from Northern N.S.W. on Farkin ( :roll: ) and ended up getting a massive haul of 'Vintage Gold' from him. I got a beautiful RTS 2, Manitou 1, Manitou 3, a bunch of OnZa & Control Tech bar ends, Answer Hyperlites, Manitou spares, mint Deore thumbies, M735 XT pedals, Zoom & Profile stems etc.

To be perfectly honest I wasn't ever really interested in RTS's, even when they were a current model but after seeing how passionate some of the guys on here and MTBR VRC are I kind of developed an interest. This puppy is well travelled. It was originally purchased in South Africa!

Can anyone pinpoint the year of manufacture for me? I'm guessing '92. It's interesting to note that the Noleen shock is the piggyback model I thought was restricted to the RTS 1.

Attachments

• rts2.jpg
    rts2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 3,012
if the gears are original, its 93'.
thats the first, "new look" deore lx, that was all black with rapidfire plus 7spd.
but from what i remember selling, it was the RTS3 that had that groupo. i think the RTS2 was the next model up??
check the archive for the catalouge ;)

if i remember correctly , check the serial no. the first two are the month the second are the year

you lucky b***ard :)
93 rts 2 had a piggyback noleen ,lx 21 speed smoke/dart tyres,mavic 230
rims and a vett a sl saddle
apart from the stem it looks stock

love those old gt's
mikee

Nice catch mate! If you fancy getting rid of the stem and bar ends from the RTS, I'm interested ;) Building me a Tomac Giant replica.. There are a few guys with old parts on Farkin eh.. Just need to convince them they don't need them :LOL:

And I think I just stole from your back yard too, $5.50 [GBP2ish] for a nice set of Caramel Tiogas ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
kingroon":3pj7iqwb said:
And I think I just stole from your back yard too, $5.50 [GBP2ish] for a nice set of Caramel Tiogas ;)

Haha, I saw those and thought they were no-namers! Bugger! ;)

The bike is a '93 then, thanks. Has all that Mikee mentioned above (including the GT branded Kalloy stem). I just decided i'm going to add a 'splash of blue' to it. It's had amazingly little use.

Has anyone pulled one of those Noleens down? It's a little light on oil (dead spot at the top of the stroke) and the shock end (where the bump stop contacts the shock body at the end of it's stroke) dissappeard inside the shock when the bump stop contacts it so the shock eye touches the shock body. :shock: I don't think that's supposed to happen... :roll:

Cheerz.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back