Show us your cars

Shamus,

seems we have similar cars (I also have '69 beetle) and retro-bike wanted items (also looking for non rise MC1, may be HLF then :) )

Cheers,

I am really impressed with the cars here guys, some awesome stuff. Dr S, you have a stunning collection, i love the Saab Rally spec, awesome!

Keep em coming this is a great post!!!

Dr S":20nrvzj9 said:
A couple of my old crocks

3104870398_8d1703e6dd.jpg

WOW :shock: any chance you're willing to split the tailfin in parts... still need a few small things for mine ;)

re: oohhlalala

That Alfa GTV is gorgeous, I would like to have one with an 75turbo engine mounted, that would be ace.

Right now I drive this '71 1302 or well the green exclusive xantia is a bit more useable...

Attachments

• bubbla.jpg
    bubbla.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,517
cars

Nice to see a lot of oldtimers here as well!

Unfortunately I recently bought a new computer and I haven't got pictures of my car. I will post them in a few days time!

My girlfriend: Daihatsu Cuore
My company car: Peugeot 407 SW
My private car: Porsche 937 (Porsche 924 Carrera GT)

I am thinking of selling it because I want a super seven. But then again, I simply don't have the time to ride in it.

The other plan is not to drive my company privately (which is attractive because of the Dutch taxes), sell my girlfriend car and the Porsche and buy a Defender 110 or a Merc G.

Casper

Beetles dominate :)
This is my 1969 on the way to Berlin for a big beetle parade in 2005 or 2006 - I am not sure right now.
This way the ride of life for her - over 1400 kilometers :)

Attachments

• Beetle in Berlin.JPG
    Beetle in Berlin.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 1,499
Re: re: oohhlalala

captain8track":3orh4tlc said:
That Alfa GTV is gorgeous, I would like to have one with an 75turbo engine mounted, that would be ace.

Cheers for the kind words- she is my favourite. Shes getting the bare metal repaint that I have been promising it for the last 5 years over the winter. I've fitted GTA alloys since that pic was taken.
Engine is a serious bit of kit in that one... Steel crank and rods, forged pistons, HP oil pump, double race spec chain, lightweight flywheel, works spec ultra big valve head with 13mm race cams breathing through 45 dellortos. I'm going to start work on a supercharged engine in the summer which I have already built the head for- should put out around 210-220 bhp.

I really miss not driving that car over the winter, I can't wait until spring.

re alfa:

btw nice blue bug. And to the porsche 924 - keep it, thoose are rare I learnt how to drive in a regular 924 with black leather. Really liked it, had a bit more hp then standard but still a bit lame.

re alfa: that sounds like a good idea, it's stunning that model is one of the best looking cars ever made, and they outhandle a lof ot new cars!
I have had the 82" GTV, 87" 33QV, 89" 33 1,7ie, 90" 75 2,0TS, 87" 75 2,0 with Konis, 88" (i think) 75 3,0 america, 91" 164 TS, 90 164TS, 01" 156 SW, 97" GTV and an autobianchi a112 elegance. the 87" 75 is my all time favourite all categories of cars, the sound and feel of that car was just amazing, it was also my first bought as a winter car for my fixed saab 900 T16 Aero, quickly sold the saab.

I really don't like my bug that much, just bought it cause I thought it looked cool, but it was to low so I had to get new springs and stuff, there's no heat, small but thirsty and it's well not the fastest car around. Mine does sound cool, it sounds like an old Porsche, why I don't know- it might be the tailpipe cause the exhaust is new and original.

Attachments

• bubbla2.jpg
    bubbla2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,471
Back