us and them

here here

The last company I worked for while they couldnt afford to give us anything other than the lowest payed in the car industry ( even temps were payed more working alongside the full timers, yeah nice hey ..we were told it was the going rate?!?! :shock: ) Anyway we didnt get our bonus awards for years while the big bosses were funding a private race team ( not talking small time!!) :roll:

I have worked on both sides of the "divide"
Factory/warehouse/joinershop floors and in large faceless company office and now in a small business run by my mother and i can safely say i am totally with peanut on this. Bent over backwards keeping people in a job, dipping money out of our own pockets to keep going and the thanks "we" get..... piss about, reading the paper, fag breaks galore, "sick days" etc etc and you cannot sack anyone for anything nowadays without a tribunal. No offence to anyone on here, i'm sure none of us take the piss like that...

hmmmm I guess also there is a massive difference between the size of companys etc .... I am talking for massive where the bosses dont put any money input etc just walk away with a big fat payout when they have had enough

i said i was done here but i just want to say that this has nothing to do with the actual money. money doesnt motivate me ive never been that interested as long as i have my bikes and enuff money to pay rent wherever i happen to be living, eat some nice food, buy a few books and have a beer then i'm ok :D :D :D i have no savings, neither do i have any debts i like it that way. its not lack of ambition i just dont equate ambition to mean having power and lots of meaningless 'stuff'... i'm not sure how relevent any of that was but i just want you to try and get a picture of what i'm about. right that really is it this time, i'm off :D

I think I have huge respect for your manager. He did after all give you advance notice not to expect a cash bonus. Was better than him handing you a turkey or ham or box of candies when you were heading off for holiday.

I just put the miss's back to work a year ago and i retired "well looking after the kids" as working sucks for a living . I allways said i'd be retired by the time i was 45, i'm 42 in january :LOL:

jacks2ts":wlewg7ox said:
I just put the miss's back to work a year ago and i retired "well looking after the kids" as working sucks for a living . I allways said i'd be retired by the time i was 45, i'm 42 in january :LOL:

yeah three of my neighbours have done the same thing . :LOL:
If I had a Wife stupid enough to keep me I'd retire tomorrow. :LOL:

peanut":3iiphww5 said:
jacks2ts":3iiphww5 said:

yeah three of my neighbours have done the same thing . :LOL:
If I had a Wife stupid enough to keep me I'd retire tomorrow. :LOL:

i'll third that! I would quite happily be a house husband :D

Back