Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wu’s Indy Fab

• Robin’s Ibis

• Mr K’s Kona

• Total voters
Its kind of a toss up. I really like the fat, the Kestrel, and the Mr. K's Kona. The Kestrel is very nice but has a Tennis racket on it instead of a handlebar and that cost it, other then that I think it is cosmetically the best of the month. The Fat is just perfect, it has every staple of its period on it, and its my favorite TAT, but it should win this month so i'm going to place my vote elsewhere. So Mr. K's Kona gets it. Its the most ridable bike of the bunch, its even practicul by todays standards, and has a riser bar ;) . So there you have it.

I had to vote Zieleman it just oozes class. I love the modolo brakes, super RARE and really bring up the geek factor which I personally appreciate. Deltas would have looked nice to.

Though this is the funniest thing that I have read on here...... maybe ever.

harryhood":owuo5be8 said:
The Kestrel is very nice but has a Tennis racket on it instead of a handlebar and that cost it, other then that I think it is cosmetically the best of the month.

:LOL: :LOL: :roll: ;)

I'am surprised that the Ibis BowTi isn't getting more votes. From a technology point of view, it's by far the most impressive bike of the bunch:

*five inches of rear suspension travel without any pivots
*using the frame members as springs whilst keeping its' five grades of
titanium alloy within its elastic limit to avoid metal fatigue
*probably the best performing of the "Sweet Spot" designs
*weighs 26lbs etc...

:twisted: It seems to me from the comments made that some people simply vote for what they recognise and understand, without taking the trouble to do a little, mind expanding, homework. :twisted:

:idea: Anyway, do I vote whilst wearing my technologist’s hat? Historical significance hat? Design and innovation' hat? Purist's hat? "Cleland' Hat? Or simply my, "I'd like to ride it' hat? :idea:

:?: Decisions, Decisions..... :?:

GrahamJohnWallace":45emll6l said:
I'am surprised that the Ibis BowTi isn't getting more votes. From a technology point of view, it's by far the most impressive bike of the bunch:

*five inches of rear suspension travel without any pivots
*using the frame members as springs whilst keeping its' five grades of
titanium alloy within its elastic limit to avoid metal fatigue
*probably the best performing of the "Sweet Spot" designs
*weighs 26lbs etc...

:twisted: It seems to me from the comments made that some people simply vote for what they recognise and understand, without taking the trouble to do a little, mind expanding, homework. :twisted:

:idea: Anyway, do I vote whilst wearing my technologist’s hat? Historical significance hat? Design and innovation hat? "Cleland Hat? Or simply my, "I'd like to ride it hat? :idea:

:?: Decisions, Decisions..... :?:

There are more bikes in the BOTM that people aren't really familiar with, but still do quite good.

Total agreement the Ibis has an outstanding chassic. Clever designed (on paper, do not know whether it really works in real live) and without doubt the result of excellent welding skills can be enjoyed. Once had the oppertunity to take a close look at a Boulder Intreprid Ti, another superduper Ti FS. Still one of the most impressive experiences in my live (No, I do not have a dull live :shock: )

So what kills the Ibis' chances in this BOTM? The 2008 kit maybe? A for Robin probably functional and great working build, but with lack of soul for some vintage afficiados - I suppose

So what kills the Ibis' chances in this BOTM? The 2008 kit maybe? A for Robin probably functional and great working build, but with lack of soul for some vintage afficiados - I suppose

True i must admit i could of done it with kit that went with age of bike but spending the sort of dosh i did on frame getting it sorted and new rear shock i thought well its a dream frame for me so may as well compliment it with top end kit instead of old forks and parts. Not to everyones liking i agree but nice all the same and very rare less than 400 made.

Elev12k":7p46h912 said:

Agreed, I'd ride it but i wouldn't vote for it. To be honest I'm very curious to ride it. I've owned a handfull of Ti FS bikes in my life and everytime I sell one i say I'll never buy one again cause they are just to "mushy". Though I always end up placing another order cause I just love the way they look. In fact I just had a conversation w/ a certain Mr. Vandermark and he is getting me a prototype of a new Ti DW LInk frame SSSSHHHH ;)

Dhphat":3reew3pr said:
I had to vote Zieleman it just oozes class. I love the modolo brakes, super RARE and really bring up the geek factor which I personally appreciate. Deltas would have looked nice to.

Though this is the funniest thing that I have read on here...... maybe ever.

harryhood":3reew3pr said:
The Kestrel is very nice but has a Tennis racket on it instead of a handlebar and that cost it, other then that I think it is cosmetically the best of the month.

:LOL: :LOL: :roll: ;)

What he said!

It was really hard not to vote for the FAT, and comparing these 2 bikes is like apples to oranges. The Zieleman is just so clean, simple and classy, like an old BMW 2002, or something. I don't know I just like it.

Back