us and them

I've never worked anywhere that actually gives bonuses, so I have no idea what you are on about. And these vary from minimum wage, High tech/semiconductor/laser industries and the place you'll never find a bonus a spare bit of time but expected to live at.. a school.

Bonus are a bonus not something you should ever expect.

Nope, I have a job but do not see what all the fuss is about, if you expect to live of a bonus, then just look for something that pays more in the first place .

Ere I got a big ripping a few months ago for having a pop about my problem is bigger than yours etc ... and it opened my eyes from the sh@t bubble im in at the moment and that everyone has there problems and issues and should be allowed to talk about them...

understand your viewpoint but looking at things from his perspective he started and built the business up. He has had all the stress of negotitiating sales & suppliers credit and bank loans and running the business which has kept all you lot in work.
I appreciate that you have worked hard but it wasn't for him you worked hard was it ? you worked hard for the company that provides you with a job every day.
I'm not being critical but as a Company Director and employer I have a different perspective. When you go home at 5pm or whatever I am still working all night and most weekends thinking ahead planning trying to ensure that I will still have a business in February next year.
You just have to turn up at 8am in the morning and your job is just sitting there waiting for you. You haven't had to do anything to create that days work.
If you have ever been self employed I think you would see things a little differently perhaps.

Besides your boss has probably had to put his Aston Martin DB9 order on hold :roll: :LOL:

I think its really strange that many employees seem to have no understanding of where bonus payments come from.

They are not just a payment that is made every Christmas as some sort of tradition or gift from the company. The money has to come from somewhere. It comes from profits which arise from increased sales and income.
At the monent UK companies sales are way down on last year due to the recession. Company profits are down with many companies actually making a loss this past year.

Value of the pound is down and cost of supplies and materials and services are rocketing . You can't expect companies to put their survival in jeapody by increasing losses to make staff bonuses. What do you want a job or a christmas bonus ?
I'm sorry I don't mean to offend anybody but surely loyalty to the company and preservation of your jobs should be your first priority.

your boss is lording it, he may just be trying to keep up apperances theres no gurantee hes not raping his savings or borrowing to keep your company afloat.

dirtjumper_dmr":2zx3ufn3 said:
ok then, fair enough... i know when i beat :cry: :cry: :cry: sorry to have peed you off. i'm done here

no please don't take it that way. ;)

You are quite possibly right and your boss is just taking the p**s we don't know. I think everyone will have a different view on this depending on their employment.
If we had all missed our bonus this year you would have a thread full of sympathy and moaning :roll: :LOL:

Hope you and your family have a great Christmas anyway despite no bonus

:D

This i think is clearly a sensitive subject but the point being made is actually a much bigger one. The bosses are not cutting down and still having their holidays and travelling first class and driving their nice cars whilst getting paid all of the bonuses as normal but the staff lower down are suffering and losing out on bonuses that are well deserved whilst other are even worse off losing their jobs. The point is their is one rule for one and one rule for another.

Its not fair and its going to get worse!! I feel for the guy that started this thread and i feel for Rabbit about the job!

Roll on 2 years time when we should all see the light at the end of the tunnel. My thoughts are with all of you!!!

Honest answer, if your boss is still lording it, and not adapting to changing times you have more to worry about than not getting a £40 bonus, believe me.

why do you think the bosses are being paid bonuses that the staff are not getting?

if I sacrifice years of my life and work hard and get to University and go without holidays and nice things etc to get a degree and professional qualifications and work my way up to senior management why shouldn't I get paid comenserate with that ?Same goes for an entrepeneur who mortgages his house and works 80+ hours a week spending years building up a company

Obviously he would get more pay than a semi or unskilled worker which would allow him a better lifestyle .

What is it about this country that everyone feels they should get a free ride of the work of others and resent sucess of others :roll:

I totally disagree Peanut, that is very much a minority. Most of the people i know work bloody hard and the company i work for has nothing but grafters which is why we are the biggest media company in the world and are one of the few big companies that have not been touched in any way by the credit crunch.

Dont forget these people are respected for where they are in what they are doing but dont be so naive, these people are only as good as the people around them, so they might work hard but it means nothing, absolutely nothing without the good people right at the very bottom all of the way up. Loyalty is key in business, you look after and respect your staff they will more than look after you!

Back