My first rigid SS (orange content)

:LOL: Always!!

On a serious note I thought I read SS was to go in post ?

I like it the way it is, tyres and all :D If you want to change the Strongarm cranks, why not strip and polish them :?:

Pretty tidy Dave, thought that you were going for a geared build?

Anyway, echo many of comments above (particularly about a single colour saddle, black safest?). That said, if the tensioner will also push up that might be best to get most chain wrap on the rear sprocket. Oh, and as a true pedant :oops: , I'd probably fit cantis to utilise the rear stop

Dave

I like it.....see, I'm looking at it again today! :LOL:

Definately made my mind up to build the Tequesta as a SS when it arrives :cool:

Not long acquired a frame like this Daj - so it's interesting to see how someone else has built one up.

Hello Cas

Well it has taken many formats so far before deciding on going singlespeed but have a complete XT group ready to swap if needed. But I mainly went for it because I asked myself if it was geared up why would I walk past the Zaskar to get on it ? But I now have a completly different bike from everything else.

Also picked this bike as it means a great deal to me, the C16R was the very first bike that Dad built for me many moons ago and stirs many feelings and memories seeing one back in the garage.

Sounds like it will be a really special bike for you then Daj. And it's probably sensible to have something completely different to the Zaskar.

I renovated my son's Zaskar at the start of the year and got really fond of it but it was way too big for me.

The C16R has an important advantage - small size - not many Retrobikes around to fit "petite ladies" like me and I was itching to build one I could ride after I'd finished the Zaskar.

So... a bit of a learning curve for me but I'm sure it will be fine.

Back