us and them

dirtjumper_dmr

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
ok so i realise that this might seem a bit insensetive given that there are many out of work at the mo but i had a fax from my boss today saying that he wont be paying an xmas bonus this year as it would be 'imprudent' as money is very tight... fine except i dont see any cost cutting in his lifestyle, 2 florida holidays this year, a cruise, 2 new cars... whats that all about, we all worked damn hard for all that. we've had 5 redundancies on my branch this year and the remaining staff have all had to work twice as hard for their minimum wage :evil: and to add to it he's making us work new years day :evil: :evil:

rant over

TheGreenRabbit":y01xthny said:
At least you have a job

Not starting to rant, as it will not be nice.

Unemployed and not happy

yes i realise that there are a lot of people in a far worse situation as i said at the beginning of the post, and its not the money that bothers me (to put that into context my bonus was £40 last year), its more that we all work damn hard all year to line his bloody pockets and it would be nice for my staff if they had a little something by way of thanks.

dirtjumper_dmr":2ceiwiv7 said:
TheGreenRabbit":2ceiwiv7 said:
At least you have a job

Unemployed and not happy

yes i realise that there are a lot of people in a far worse situation as i said at the beginning of the post, and its not the money that bothers me (to put that into context my bonus was £40 last year), its more that we all work damn hard all year to line his bloody pockets and it would be nice for my staff if they had a little something by way of thanks.

you get paid, what more thanks do you want.

TheGreenRabbit":2mp3mbxm said:
dirtjumper_dmr":2mp3mbxm said:
TheGreenRabbit":2mp3mbxm said:
At least you have a job

Unemployed and not happy

you get paid, what more thanks do you want.

ok whatever :? :roll:

dirtjumper_dmr":2w39yiq0 said:
ok then, fair enough... i know when i beat :cry: :cry: :cry: sorry to have peed you off. i'm done here

I agree with you fella! I think a lot of people use times like this as an excuse to treat their staff even worse than they normally do.
If you usually only get £40, would it hurt that much to at least give you something??
If you can see that your boss is struggling too, then fair enough, but to lord it over your staff all year, give them nothing at xmas, then blame it on the 'credit crunch' is bollox imo.
Saying that, if I had my own company I would probably have the best looked after staff in the country but make no bloody money :roll:

@thegreenrabbit.... I got sent details of a medical sales job last week. Can try to dig out the email if your interested mate.

Where I work the warehouse staff got paid a different (higher) Xmas bonus to the drivers. All hell kicked off.

BTW the office staff have to wait until January to get ours.

Back