A few of my builds from the last 3 years

first thought i had was that you have got to be single...my other half/her outdoors in qd spending/boss/she in charge ect used to hate my bike being in the living room so there is noooooo way a missus would allow that lot near the house....cos we all know the garage is for piling tonnes of mags and clothes your never going to wear ever again....ps the kona is my fav in that lot.......very nice collection fella.(at least they were...)how come dey gone den? :cool: :cool:

Yeh one of my ex's hated the sheer amount of attention spent on them haha.

"Why cant you spend it on a nice holiday"

haha

Nah sold most of them due to pay for a car (toy).

Kept the best ones.

the klein attitude is the nuts :) .
i reakon id have kept that one if possible, it looks in really nice condition.
The black bits highlight the frame nicely .

8lezard":dnx34fpc said:
POLL THEM UP - SHOULD BE FUN!

:cool:... A one man Reader's Bikes!

Funny, was thinking exactly that as I went through the thread - possible to do via a Poll in individual galleries?

Anyway, very respectable set of bikes Jez, difficult to select real standouts but the Roberts and the Salsa made me feel a little odd and required a little lie down and a cup of strong, sweet tea.

Any of the dear departed give you a particular pang of regret?

Cheers Ed

Erm...

The Klein was very nice as you just dont see many in that condition any more. It was super early too. Bit small for me though :(
The sunburst paintjob is also pretty rare as such - I wish I'd hung onto this bike.

The Roberts was very sweet too - again, little too small though - I felt quite cramped when riding it. Also an impulse buy so not much love.

The Salsa ironically was a real beaut. It also somehow fitted me like a glove and rode lighter than it weighed. One bike that really surpised me - even with all that feeble cnc bling. It really did well at the Peaks.

Fortunately (if all goes to plan) I will have this back from the chap who I sold it too. Its my xmas present to myself...

BAH HUMBUG!

If you let a true love go and it comes back to you then it is meant to be - I'm sure that you won't take that risk again with the Salsa if/when you get it back.

Key point though is that if it doesn't fit you won't ride it and will feel precious affection no matter how pretty (as I have found to my cost with several classic road bikes - oh to be able to ride a non gate comfortably :oops: )

Yeh I wish I wasnt so lanky - just from the aesthetic POV of a bike. As you say I should be riding gates....

Theres only so much seatpost you can have sticking out.

Back