Opinions please, changes now made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daj":218qa5j7 said:
Hey, that was intended to be a little light banter

I know it was :D

When I see your aviator piccy I dont think of the film but the cover from the zx spectrum game!! happy days with me knackered joystick :D

:xmas-big-grin:

spec_cobra.jpg

well bloody hell ...Now that is a blast from the past!! :D

Thats great that :D

I think it´s quite good as it is. As it was said before, pay special attention to the stem size, i would go for a shorter one, and try to get a women specific saddle or at least correct the angle of that one.

;)

Look's great but have to agree about the stem, both the style and the length, i found out with my Clockwork that a chunky alloy stem doesn't really work on a skinny frame, needs something like a Control tech on it.

I'm sure I saw an Orange 1" quill stem in the for sale section that would be a better bet than the I-Beam.

Agree with all about the stem, would even consider sellin the XTR stuff and avids etc go for something more basic and buy a pace sus fork :?

pet hate too is the tyres, I HATE them, but realise its jsut me :roll: :LOL:

Re: Would you make any changes, opinions please?

mazdaman1980":392m5vxv said:
Judy SL with speedsprings to be added once i find a 1' non threaded headset.[/img]

I've got a 1" black madison aheadset i bought by accident, opened but never fitted, in black, still in package. Cartridge bearings and hardened steel cups (and so they should be!) £10 posted

Also a metal finish hollow chromoly gt stem that might suit (unfortunately with GT on the front), and a headset converter if needed

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46312

looks like lovely clean bike, and I still wouldn't call it a low spec build with them parts... I've always liked the old steel Orange frames. And I don't know why but I particularly fancy your seatpost :oops:

Depends on your GFs proportions. When I built the Monster Fat for Pearl, the original stem was too long and low. I changed it out to a 130, 10 degree and all is right.

Back