Rektek Titanium

interesting.

What's the story with the brand? Not really heard of them before.

The neo-retro build is quite cool i guess :xmas-cool:

Thanks Maxhc.

& John:

http://www.rektek.com :xmas-cool:

From what I know, Reckless is a small chain of bike stores in Canada. Their brand of bikes are called Rektek. The guy I bought it from saw one of the bikes in Germany, (while working out there), and special ordered this one which he used in Germany and brought it back here. When I got it it was covered in purple bits, which are now all sold including a front hub to Gump! I've seen another link comparing Rekteks to Sandviks, which states that Rektek make titanium frames for other bike companies. I currently disagree though and think that Sandvik made the frame. The frame number is stamped up the same way as my TiBolt and other Sandviks including the tripple triangle ones (commonly seen on Ebay!)

:xmas-wink:

tiboltrider123":14pqrhy9 said:
stevek":14pqrhy9 said:
I like this one more than the TiBolt, I guess I'm a sucker for a wishbone.

Very nice fella.

I bought this as it was so similar to the TiBolt (except the wishbone) and all the other Sandviks (Hei Hei, Dean, etc). I'm waiting for someone to say the new XT brakes and gears don't suit it!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Was Just thinking that sorry! 900 XTR would look more in keeping?

It's too difficult and expensive to get hold of M900 XTR!

A few more pics:

Attachments

• DCP_3014ss.jpg
    DCP_3014ss.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 8,003
  • DCP_3018ss.jpg
    DCP_3018ss.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 8,003
  • DCP_3019ss.jpg
    DCP_3019ss.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 8,003
  • DCP_3022ss.jpg
    DCP_3022ss.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 8,004
Titanium

I've had several bare Ti bikes over the year and always found it a difficult tone to match colours with. Imho only Black and Silver or Ti components really suit, All the colours I feel always look washed out. Even some Silver tones can look a little Naf.

I've just stuck a blue Hyperlite bar on, done two rides and swopped it back again! Didn't like the straight bar :twisted:

Attachments

• AAA30062009446.jpg
    AAA30062009446.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 3,586
  • AAA30062009442.jpg
    AAA30062009442.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 3,586
Flat bar

Flat bar looks better, but look narrow compared to risers, what abou a wider more swep flat bar? I use Syntace Duraflites? Light and wide Carbon bar.

Back