What's your favourite type of cheese?

dyna-ti":huaattgd said:
s_zigmond":huaattgd said:
at this time of year you cant beat Wensleydale and fruit cake :p
You're Sick :shock:

Don't knock it till you've tried it.
Was normal all through my growing up. It was only as years went by that I realised people thought I was off my trolley.

Really is good...

Harryburgundy":2j6z5o4u said:
And a few other favs in no particular order
Mature Gouda
Old Amsterdam
Brie de Meaux
Blackbomber
Morbier
Munster
mmmmmm...cheese :LOL:
Of course....they all need a bottle of mature Bordeaux/Burgundy etc to go with them.....which is what I will be doing Saturday night.
Laurent Perrier Rose with Griottines for aperitif
Pouilly Fume and a Grand Cru Chablis with some goats and lighter cheese
Various Bordeaux with the heavier cheese
Maybe a Loupiac with some blue to finish.
Tough job this :LOL:

Bloody Hell HB, remind me NOT to invite you round for wine and cheese, they all think Lambrusco and Primula is the height of sophistication round here!
Could you recommend a cheese (nothing too dry) to go with my favourite Robolo?

Harryburgundy":1dx33xvi said:
Robolo....the dry (with a citrus twang) white from Cephalonia....good goats cheese or sharp cheddar.

Bugger. Had a glass too many I think, Cephalonia bit did me- great place for a holiday but that Robolo is an aquired taste. I meant to ask for something to go with my favourite Marchesi di Barolo.

:roll:

Organic Red Leicester, Welsh Goats Cheese, Strong Cheddar, Stilton, Y Fenni, er the list goes on....

Fave has to be the Organic Red Leicester though, grilled till really bubbling on top of thick toast & Marmite :cool:

Dr S":5002ikwg said:
Harryburgundy":5002ikwg said:
Robolo....the dry (with a citrus twang) white from Cephalonia....good goats cheese or sharp cheddar.

Bugger. Had a glass too many I think, Cephalonia bit did me- great place for a holiday but that Robolo is an aquired taste. I meant to ask for something to go with my favourite Marchesi di Barolo.

:roll:

:LOL: :LOL: Ah, Barolo. The worlds most seriously under-rated wine. Truely majestic stuff, but a wee expensive (sure, you can buy stuff under £25, but I wouldn't bother). You have a very good taste in Barolo there fella!

For a lighter, slightly more modern style I would buy from the La Morra vineyards..Dezzani do a good one. For a bigger, needs longer bottle maturation....wines from Serralunga like Fontanafredda. Truly amazing wines from Aldo Conterno...his 'Il Favot' is stunning. Or go further north in Piedmont and try some Gattinara..Travaglinis 2000 Reserva is superb.

Some of the finest wines I have recently tried...and I've tried some good stuff!

For a matching cheese..why not go local and get some Testun Al Barolo, but its quite adaptable to different cheese..hard or soft..I'd like it with Old Amsterdam.

with strong blue cheese , I recommend a white port , or even a sweet wine like a sauternes .

Back