today i went riding again, welsh content!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
today i went to wales, afan forest, skyline. :D :D

i'm posting in the g+ot because i rode modern, sorry (hangs head in shame :oops: )

when i go to wales the obvious choice for me is the st4, because it's quite rocky the full suss is the way forward, and i've had a bit of a bad back, something that always rears it's head in the winter (old war wound! well, i was hit by a car several years ago!)

anyhoo, got up at sparrows fart o'clock for the 2-3 hour drive from southampton, stopped and got poisened at a motorway service station, apparently it was bacon, sausage, beans, and coffee, get to the carpark at afan and head straight for the loo, need i say more! :LOL:

decide i'd do skyline and take the 2nd short cut, this makes the ride about 23-24 miles, quite respectable considering the time of year and recent lack of regular riding!

looking around the car park there were 3 guys on poncy bikes, full carbon full sussers with loads of xtr and shiny stuff, i wanted them to ride off first coz i assumed they were pretty quick, i was wrong, it wasn't just their bikes that were poncy! i left them standing on the first climb which put a smile on my face! :D :LOL:

towards the end of the ride though i started to die on one of the final climbs, 3 power gels later i was pingin!!! :D :shock: <-that's what my face must have looked like!!

awsome last descent as anyone who has ridden it knows! :D

i haven't posted the pics coz they're mostly of the st4 but here's one pic i do like and here is a facebook linky for those that do want to see :D

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... =612249761

Attachments

• skyline ride logo.jpg
    skyline ride logo.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 505
Nice, apart from " was happily in the zone here after downing 3 powerbar energy gel things! they are like eating blackcurrent flavoured snot!!" :LOL:
Got to get there one day.

seeing your location under your avatar and you haven't been there? are you mental? :shock:

Back