Bored....

PeeBeds

Old School Hero
Im not just a bit bored, Im shockingly bored!
Ive got sooooo much work to do, that I just cant be arsed to do any.
All I can think about is how lovely the weather is (cold, but sunny) and that Id rather be out riding or holed up in my garage fetteling bikes, than sat behind a desk on a bloody gret oil refinery pissing about with Primavera!!

Is it just me, is it because Christmas is approaching or is it the time of the month (so to speak)??

primavera ?

sounds like a new metal kinda band , hum the tune and ill sing along

at least you have somethng youre suposed to be doing , im sat watching king of the hill . want the link ?

I'm avoiding doing the dishes / cleaning the bog / making the bed / doing the washing and doing my college work for next week. I know exactly what you mean about the time of year...it's my b'day next week and then christmas the week after so I just can't be arsed doing anything! :LOL:

perry":2e0cuh7f said:
primavera ?

at least you have somethng youre suposed to be doing , im sat watching king of the hill . want the link ?

Primavera, its a project planning tool that is very clever (unlike its user) but it assumes that the user is also clever. Clever to the point that there is no "undo" key and if you schedule a project and havnt backed it up and theres a mistake and something goes wrong and...and... its just awful :(

Im not a big king of the hill fan tbh, plus our .net useage is controlled so streaming video is banned :(

*sigh*

Might go for a walk........

PeeBeds":1glk3ilr said:
perry":1glk3ilr said:
primavera ?

Primavera, its a project planning tool that is very clever (unlike its user) but it assumes that the user is also clever. Clever to the point that there is no "undo" key and if you schedule a project and havnt backed it up and theres a mistake and something goes wrong and...and... its just awful :(

Im not a big king of the hill fan tbh, plus our .net useage is controlled so streaming video is banned :(

*sigh*

Might go for a walk........

Should be using MS Project ;)

If it's any consolation everyone I know (except my Fiancee) is finding it difficult to get motivated. i think it's Christmas being round the corner and the constant depressing news on the radio/TV.

At least you have Retrobike. :LOL:

I have project as well, but P3 is far more flexible and its what all the projects on the Refinery use (although the license is reDICulously expensive, just pleased I dont have to pay for it ;))

As for having RB to read, Im pleased I found it but it does have an annoying habit of removing money from my pocket!!

Doh! just got in a bit too slow there. :LOL:

:roll: MS Project 2000 was pretty good but every iteration after that has had the guts stripped out of it...never heard of Primavera but I'm guessing it's maybe a wee bit more powerful than MS's package. :LOL: ;)

I've only done a basic intro to Project because my company sells Microsoft EPM solutions/training. I take it you're a Planner?

BarneyRubble":13djestv said:
I've only done a basic intro to Project because my company sells Microsoft EPM solutions/training. I take it you're a Planner?

Aii, for my sins. Was planning major turnarounds on the refinery, now doing storage tank outage program which is a whole different beast (TA - 1month duration. Tanks - 7yr duration :shock: )

Well if you're ever looking for a new role I can always use a good career planner. I work for the resourcing arm of the business and you guys are in short supply, even in the current climate. :)

Latest posts

Back