MacRetro go BMX

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Hi guys,

Here is a daft idea for you this January, at The Ocean Terminal shopping centre by Leith there is an idoor BMX/Skate park.

Davedownhill used to ride BMX in his youth and so did Kaiser and probably others.

The park does lessons and equipment hire on BMX's for £10 a go so we East Coasters were thinking of giving it a bash to relive our youth. Admittedly I rode a 3 speed Raleigh roadster in my youth, never got anything as cool as a BMX :roll:

Anyone up for some serious stupidity and possible pain in MacRetro land then let me know :D

Velo

:LOL: Velo you realise you may actually have to leave terra firma? COuld be fun if we could get a west coast car together?

BMX's scare me- I will need to be conviced, goaded, pushed and coaxed- some of those edgits cycle backwards, whats that all about?

I had a BMX for a while but was so incredibly sh*t that I went back to my MTB with my tail between my legs. I am however game for anything and not particularly scared of hurting myself so I'd be well up for it.

I would like to know how to jump doubles and the like properly. That would be super :cool: oooohhh yeeeeaaaahhh :LOL:

Gazz'll come...ye will won't ye...ye will won't ye...ye will won't ye...ye will won't ye...ye will won't ye...ye will won't ye...ye will won't ye...etc. etc.

At 37 I am sure the young folk at the "track" will beat me within an inch of my life for reducing the cool factor of there fav. "hang out" :roll:

Plus TBH I think adults on those tiny wee bikes look like dicks anyway so adults who cannot ride will look even worse plus I do not like exposing my arse underware in public so I think that pretty much counts me out then :LOL:

I will think of you and your skint knees when I am getting muddy in the woods like normal 37 year olds do.

Gazz has a bike made of a special alloy called Afraidium (Yellow in apearance and tastes of chicken) :LOL:

You will not look more stupid than me plus we have some lassies giving it a go :shock:

Anyway lessons etc are in the morning before the way too cool :cool: teen BMX'rs drag themselves out of their pits :roll:

You'll miss yourself,

Cheers

Velo

I'm up for this, feeling the cold big time at the moment so anything "indoor" sounds great to me :LOL:

It's about 24 years since i even sat on a BMX so i may be a wee bit rusty, will wear three hoodies for crash protection though :LOL:

you all defo have to post pictures from the day on your tiny bikes- january is a deppressing month at the best of times so I could do with a laugh :LOL:

Only kidding I'm sure it will be cool.

Back