Sussex South Downs Ride - Devils Dyke - *THIS COMING SUNDAY*

mattbrown":y36fju2x said:
ill be staying in hove, this time, so will be riding straight up there, is it 10.30 start again (or 12.30 like last time :D )

gotta be quicker off the mark this time as it'll be darker earlier.

Note:

*Recommend all bring at least a rear light - don't want a repeat of this Sunday on the IOW when half the group was left on the road home with no lights.*

Hove Staion Meet Up

According to National Rail Enquiries the 7.32 Southern service from Victoria gets in to Hove at 8.54. The one after departs Victoria at 8.17 and gets in Hove at 9.24. These are both direct trains - no changes. They usually go from the highest numbered platforms at Victoria at the far right side (numbers 15-19 I think). Obviously I can't guaratee these times, so please double check there's no engineering works diverting services via Timbuktu or whatever. I haven't travelled on them with a bike for a while so maybe double check their policy, but should be ok on a Sunday?

The later train might be cutting it a bit fine for a 10am roll-out. I'd rather not be riding that fast before the 20 miles have even started anyway!!
I'm happy to meet people off the earlier train at 9am - I know a mostly off-road route to the top of the Dyke. ;)

if anyone from london or wherever else and are using public transport wants to leave stuff in my car during the ride, they are welcome, that way they can bring a change of clothes etc in case it's wet. ??

I'm still hoping to make it...

Fear not I won't be riding my '90 fire mountain made from scaffolding, I'm riding her younger sister ;)

It's all in the family so it's alright....Then again I used to live in Cornwall :shock:

Is it too early to talk tyres??? :D :D

Re: Hove Staion Meet Up

sketcher":488tmwig said:
According to National Rail Enquiries the 7.32 Southern service from Victoria gets in to Hove at 8.54. The one after departs Victoria at 8.17 and gets in Hove at 9.24. These are both direct trains - no changes. They usually go from the highest numbered platforms at Victoria at the far right side (numbers 15-19 I think). Obviously I can't guaratee these times, so please double check there's no engineering works diverting services via Timbuktu or whatever. I haven't travelled on them with a bike for a while so maybe double check their policy, but should be ok on a Sunday?

The later train might be cutting it a bit fine for a 10am roll-out. I'd rather not be riding that fast before the 20 miles have even started anyway!!
I'm happy to meet people off the earlier train at 9am - I know a mostly off-road route to the top of the Dyke. ;)

last time I went , there were trains going , but not coming back . :evil:

and no bikes on buses .

snooks":2zz1l8u3 said:
Dad? Dad? is this the pub?

or to put it on a Google Map

If so, the post code is

BN1 8YJ

Nearly, but not quite. That is the Golf club, not the pub. The pub car park is here....

http://www.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl...4734,-0.212249&spn=0.001641,0.004828&t=h&z=18

Keep going out of Brighton on Dyke Road as far as you can go before and you will reach your destination.
We really need to get a swift getaway from the pub car park to get some decent riding in during day light hours and allowing time for the inevitable mechanicals. Lunch stop will be in Steyning. We will do a small loop and sweep past the car park again 30-45mins later to pick up anyone who cannot make 10.00am.
The rout will be similar to this one..

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/WMB-87-South-Downs-Classic-Ride

Drop me a line if you are arriving at Hove station as I can meet you there and ride up via Hove park and a single track path that leads up to Dyke road.

Back