2.4 are they to big

At the mo I run Racing ralph 2.4s on my 92 Ti hardtail with rigid forks and it is and inch of suspension indeed. The RR's are a decent weight though.

Shovelon, have you tried reducing pressure further, say by another 3 psi? I rum them as low as 25 front and 27 rear in the terrain and I'm a clydesdale (no rocks where I ride) works wonders in soft sand and rooty forest trails. I'm a believer, I also run 2.35 Nevegals, 2.4 Nobby Nics, 2.4 Mountain Kings and 2.5 Petrols. Tire clearance is one of the first checks I do on any bike.

The Fire is a good tread and should serve you well if you can live with the weight.

IbocProSX":1g3wocy1 said:
At the mo I run Racing ralph 2.4s on my 92 Ti hardtail with rigid forks and it is and inch of suspension indeed. The RR's are a decent weight though.

Shovelon, have you tried reducing pressure further, say by another 3 psi? I rum them as low as 25 front and 27 rear in the terrain and I'm a clydesdale (no rocks where I ride) works wonders in soft sand and rooty forest trails. I'm a believer, I also run 2.35 Nevegals, 2.4 Nobby Nics, 2.4 Mountain Kings and 2.5 Petrols. Tire clearance is one of the first checks I do on any bike.

The Fire is a good tread and should serve you well if you can live with the weight.
No, I have not run any lower than 30 because it feels like it may roll off the rim. :shock:

Have a go, mine have never rolled off a variety of rims: Sun CR18's, Crosslands rimbrakes, DT 5.1s, Stans Arch, Crossmaxes disc, 519's, 721's.

And when I put 25 psi in, they still lose some air over time. So I'm positive I've run them a fair bit lower too.

Enjoy!!

Back